Will I upgrade to Silver or Gold?

Old Oct 18, 18, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific
Will I upgrade to Silver or Gold?

Hi all, I joined Ba blue in Aug 2017, and my tier points collection year ends in Dec 2018, I took a round trip premium economy from LHR to LAX which is operated by BA in Nov 2017, and some other one world carrier flight in 2018, I am bronze and have 1000 Tp currently, and I will take QR from HKG-DOH-AMS and BA AMS-LHR roundtrip next month, so when all these flight complete, I will have more than 1500Tp and 4 eligible BA flights, will I be upgraded to Silver or Gold membership? Thanks very much!

Old Oct 18, 18, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
1500 TP’s (with the required eligible flights) and the Monopoly Board will tell you “Proceed immediately to Gold”
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:28 pm

If you have 1000 tp then you are already silver, not bronze.
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:30 pm

Never mind, my mistake. I see you still need 2 flights. In that case, to answer your question, you will go to gold. Congrats in advance!
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Calloway View Post
If you have 1000 tp then you are already silver, not bronze.
No, since he currently has 0 eligible flights.

Edit: OK, I see you noticed that yourself.
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Is that an error in the app, it says you have 2 flights but your flight count is zero? Is this what happens when you start the year as a Blue?

If the flights from November count then it should have updated to Silver already.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Oct 19, 18 at 2:23 am
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:59 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
You need a total of 4 flights on BA metal to hit Silver or Gold per collection year. This will include those accrued between moving from Blue-Bronze. If two of your upcoming flights are BA metal or marketed ( 125-XXX number) then you will hit Gold. Had you of taken more BA flights in between then you'd have already been Silver.

Ignore the app when it comes to certain things. It shows me as Retain Bronze with a full circle when im on 560 and 1 of 2 flights completed when I have 10. It's a known error that nobodies bothered to fix

BA App Known Error
Old Oct 19, 18, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA View Post
Is that an error in the app, it says you have 2 flights but your flight count is zero? Is this what happens when you start the year as a Blue?

If the flights from November count then it should have updated to Silver already.
I took BA return from LHR to LAX last November, I just login to the website, it say I have 2 eligible flight, that is different with the app version.
Old Oct 19, 18, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post
You need a total of 4 flights on BA metal to hit Silver or Gold per collection year. This will include those accrued between moving from Blue-Bronze. If two of your upcoming flights are BA metal or marketed ( 125-XXX number) then you will hit Gold. Had you of taken more BA flights in between then you'd have already been Silver.

Ignore the app when it comes to certain things. It shows me as Retain Bronze with a full circle when im on 560 and 1 of 2 flights completed when I have 10. It's a known error that nobodies bothered to fix

BA App Known Error
so there is a bug on the app? I will hit gold when I get 500 more tp and take 2 more ba flights?
Old Oct 19, 18, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM View Post

BA App Known Error
No you dont. You need 4 qualifying flights,which can be BA, or BA code share or IB or Comair or Sunair with a BA flight number.
Old Oct 19, 18, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Ignore my post above, I somehow forgot that Silver also requires 4 qualifying flights.
Old Oct 19, 18, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by eric0429 View Post
I took BA return from LHR to LAX last November, I just login to the website, it say I have 2 eligible flight, that is different with the app version.
The website will be correct.

I don't know why people put so much faith in apps.
Old Oct 19, 18, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
The website will be correct.

I don't know why people put so much faith in apps.
A website and an app are of clients that feed from the same data sources. It may be that, historically, the BA website has been more reliable than its apps, but as a general statement apps are not necessarily less reliable than websites.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 19, 18, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Are you worried that you will gain the eligible flights to qualify for silver at the same time as the qualifying for tier points for gold? I know some programs don’t allow you to skip one status, but I’m pretty sure Baec will allow you to do this.
Old Oct 19, 18, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC
The LAX WTP flight in Nov 2017 may or is not be included in your current year, as your year end is Dec 2018 and TP years run every 12 months, so DEC 17 - 2018. I hope you make Gold by DEC and enjoy the benefits, I hear the F wing at LHR is a nice experience.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: