Wiki Posts
Search

No QR availability DOH-KTM late March 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

No QR availability DOH-KTM late March 2019

Hello all,

I'm looking at getting from DOH-KTM on QR Y or J in late March 2019. When I search avios prior to March 28 and after April 16, there is huge availability. When I search between these dates there is not one seat available in any class.

Do you think it's a glitch or is there some sort of huge demand present during this time period that I just don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

A-N
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Doubt it's a glitch - more likely an availability hasn't been released by QR. Keep checking is my advice
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks nufnuf.

I imagine you’re correct, but this two week block seems odd. I’ll advise as we go along.

A-N
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: BA
It may well be a glitch. However, you’re trying to book a redemption during one of the peak trekking seasons in Nepal, so this may also be influencing availability.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm doing KTM in November and QR had zero award availability as well. Ended up booking Etihad using AA miles.

It isn't a glitch. Simply QR don't release much space on this route for some reason. Could be tourism. Could be migrant workers.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm doing KTM in November and QR had zero award availability as well. Ended up booking Etihad using AA miles.

It isn't a glitch. Simply QR don't release much space on this route for some reason. Could be tourism. Could be migrant workers.
Thanks for the heads up. With the Marriott to AA having a 30% bonus later this month. It'll certainly be an option.

Did you have to route through MCT to get to AUH?

Cheers.

A-N
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Afta-Noon
Thanks for the heads up. With the Marriott to AA having a 30% bonus later this month. It'll certainly be an option.

Did you have to route through MCT to get to AUH?

Cheers.

A-N
Not going anywhere near Doha. Simply I was looking for Nepal to Europe. Without availability on KTM-DOH you can't book a KTM-DOH-Europe.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Are you sure about that? QR has a lot of married segment logic, even on awards. Occasionally it's best to use Qantas in this case, I've found.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6501
Are you sure about that? QR has a lot of married segment logic, even on awards. Occasionally it's best to use Qantas in this case, I've found.
Fair point. Unfortunately ba.com isn't great with searching for connecting options on routes/airports not served by BA, but one gets lulled into assuming that they are searching properly.(with space being the problem) Qantas wouldn't help the OP though, who seems to want the single leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.