Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New US route - confirmed as Charleston

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Flew from CHS last night. Lounge access was from about 1930 and they accepted mobile boarding passes. We arrived at about 1730 on a connection from MIA, and just ate at the pizza place before heading there. The lounge remains pretty much as per @cameramaker stated and still do not have a liquor licence, but now do have an arrangement with a bar across the airside concourse with drinks chits - I'm not sure if this was just for the BA flight though.
Swadbus likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Flew from CHS last night. Lounge access was from about 1930 and they accepted mobile boarding passes. We arrived at about 1730 on a connection from MIA, and just ate at the pizza place before heading there. The lounge remains pretty much as per @cameramaker stated and still do not have a liquor licence, but now do have an arrangement with a bar across the airside concourse with drinks chits - I'm not sure if this was just for the BA flight though.
No, they do not have duty free at CHS airport. They haven't receive a liquor license yet. I'm sure they will build it.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
CHS is on our agenda for 2020, but both the frequency and the flight times don’t really appeal to me. A more TP-efficient routing with AA is already under investigation!

The airport has certainly invested a lot of $$$$ to service 2 rotations a week for just part of the year, according to that linked article from N830MH ... I do hope it pays off for them.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
BA been selling tickets on this route next year for months.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, they do not have duty free at CHS airport. They haven't receive a liquor license yet. I'm sure they will build it.
?? Where did I say duty free? The lounge manager said the liquor licence was being worked on as part of the build out when he came over to explain the drinks chits system, but for now the arrangement with the bar is in place.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by T8191
CHS is on our agenda for 2020, but both the frequency and the flight times don’t really appeal to me. A more TP-efficient routing with AA is already under investigation!

The airport has certainly invested a lot of $$$$ to service 2 rotations a week for just part of the year, according to that linked article from N830MH ... I do hope it pays off for them.
JER-LGW-JFK-LAX-MIA-CHS would make an interesting trip report.
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.