Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Changes Codeshare Flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Anonba

Yes someone inadvertantly changed your booking for free in error.
There is a set of eligbility criteria available to BA contact centre agents. It is absolutely clear that its only BA operated flights that it can be done on. Free change on the day involves a process that opens up the same booking class on new flight, this can only be done as part of as an automated BA revenue management process it couldnt be done on other carriers.
I did it, myself, in the app. Didn’t call anyone.

Anyone who’s not on an HBO/redemption on a European route over the next few days care to give it a try? I’ve managed to lock all my future flights in this year as HBOs which, had I realised that makes them non-changeable, I’d not have done.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by memesweeper
Just wanted to report here something I didn’t know about free same day changes (SDC) and codeshares and wasn’t clear from the threads I’d read here or the fare rules.

I have previously tried to do a change at an airport from a BA ticketed EI operated flight and was denied. I’d assumed this was because of a policy for these changes only applying to BA tickets on BA metal.

Today (and from the app) I’ve just swapped from BA ticketed BA metal to AY metal for free. I’ve yet to try swapping away from another carrier back to BA but I have the feeling that would work too.
Any recent experience wether SDC works from BA to AY metal or not? Flying from Helsinki to London next week and BA flight full with 12 rows of CE. Finnair flight earlier seems to have some space and that flight would take me to London a bit earlier.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teme
Any recent experience wether SDC works from BA to AY metal or not? Flying from Helsinki to London next week and BA flight full with 12 rows of CE. Finnair flight earlier seems to have some space and that flight would take me to London a bit earlier.
you are not supposed to be able to. However I seem to remember one person did post that he had done in the last few months so I guess you may get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.