Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

My new song to describe British Airways - Two Out of Three Ain’t BAd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others

With apologies to Meatloaf and his Bat Out of Hell album (those below the age of 50 probably won’t know what I’m referring to) my OLCI experience with British Airways today calls to mind the song title from that album by that artist - Two Out of Three Ain’t BAd.

1. OLCI’d Master PtF’s female companion for a BRU LHR flight tomorrow - seat 1A; no problems.

2. OLCI’d Mrs PtF and self for a LHR FCO flight tomorrow - seats 1D, 1F; no problems.

3. OLCI’d Master PtF (BAEC Gold) and his aforementioned female companion for a LHR MIA flight tomorrow - disaster!

Their LHR MIA WT flight was booked more than two months ago and seats were selected free of charge at time of booking - the emergency exit pair of 28H / 28J; possibly the BEST WT seats for a couple.

At OLCI we were greeted with the news that they have been dumped in 45E / 45F; the middle two seats in a row of four; possibly the WORST WT seats for a couple.

The simple explanation given by the BAEC Gold Line is that there has been an aircraft swap (I established it was from a 52J to an 86J) - OK, these things happen; but why, a) BA’s inability to alert passengers of an equipment change so that alternatives seats can selected as early as possible and, b) BA’s apparent total disregard for a passenger’s initial seat selection or BAEC status when it comes to re-allocating seats? It appears as if BA couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery.

The sad thing in all of this is that I’m actually not surprised - my expectations of BA have sunk so low in the past five years that ‘two out of three ain’t bad’ just about sums up BA’s performance as an airline these days.

Anyone else got a song title that reflects how they feel about BA?
anniegray likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
... Anyone else got a song title that reflects how they feel about BA?
Hopelessly Devoted to You (Grease - Olivia Newton-John)

Que Será, Será (Doris Day)

You Light Up My Life (Debbie Boone)

Welcome to the Cheap Seats (The Wonder Stuff)

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Oct 15, 2018 at 9:54 am Reason: Fat fingers
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
The simple explanation given by the BAEC Gold Line is that there has been an aircraft swap (I established it was from a 52J to an 86J) - OK, these things happen; but why, a) BA’s inability to alert passengers of an equipment change so that alternatives seats can selected as early as possible ...
Actually, BA has started doing this if the equipment change results in a seat number change - see Proactive seat change notification! and BA changed my seats - I can't see the reason? and Email notification of seat change made by BA - new improvement? for example.

In your case, if there was no email my first surmise would be about whether the aircraft swap happened so late that it didn't/couldn't trigger that seat change email.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Have you asked Master PtF if he received an email at some point about the seat changes?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Everyone in the family flying BA I see? A case of 'Papa Don't Preach' by Madonna?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Airprox
Have you asked Master PtF if he received an email at some point about the seat changes?
The email address for all seven members of our HHA (of which I am the Head) is identical. All emails would be routed to my email address. So the answer to your question is no, no such email was ever received from BA.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Everyone in the family flying BA I see? A case of 'Papa Don't Preach' by Madonna?
Have to fly those four BA sectors at some stage HIDDY; otherwise all those TPs earned on QR would count for nothing.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Lip Service

by Jon Astley. (On an album called "Everyone loves the Pilot, Except the Crew").

They pay lip service to Customer Service.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
You Can’t Always Get What You Want Rolling Stones

Where Have All The Good Times Gone David Bowie

Take a Chance on Me Abba
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
These songs come to mind from across the pond whilst reading about BA:

Genesis – Misunderstanding

Yes – Roundabout

Led Zeppelin- Nobody’s Fault But Mine or The Song Remains The Same

The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
BA for me at the moment..

You keep me hanging on - Kim Wilde

I can't get no satisfaction - Rolling Stones

Disappointment - The Cranberries

Don't lose my data - Phil Collins (well, there is a little artistic licence on this one!)

and, maybe my favourite....

Did I shave my legs for this? - Deana Carter
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Yesterday and Help by the Beatles
Bad Day by Daniel Power
Blind Faith by Chase & Status
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:22 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
"There's No One Quite Like Grandma" by The St. Winifred's School Choir seems strangely appropriate.

Honourable mention for "I've Got a Little List" by Messrs. Gilbert and Sullivan.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt
escape2sun likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
No More Tears (Enough is Enough) - Donna Summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.