Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room Access in JFK on a BA/Alaska Ticket during layover.

Concorde Room Access in JFK on a BA/Alaska Ticket during layover.

Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Thanks. So it looks like customers getting CCR access with an onward IB flight at LHR T5 is actually not permitted?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Thanks. So it looks like customers getting CCR access with an onward IB flight at LHR T5 is actually not permitted?
By the rules, no they wouldn't get access. I guess in reality at T5 they would overlook this due to the close alignment of flights.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Just to confirm the speculation mentioned earlier, QF are now based in T8 at JFK rather than T7. This move happened in April as part of the refurbishment work at T7.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

On this basis, I imagine somebody arrivongninto JFK in F on the first flight of the day (for instance) could do business in the city and then home on a flight later that day in a cabin lower than F and still have access to the CCR at JFK.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Genius1
CCR access is only permitted for BA F to BA (any cabin).

BA to non-BA oneworld doesn't give access; there is no mention in the rules about BA to non-oneworld:
Does BA F to IB at LHR booked on one ticket really not allow access in practice?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by madfish
On this basis, I imagine somebody arrivongninto JFK in F on the first flight of the day (for instance) could do business in the city and then home on a flight later that day in a cabin lower than F and still have access to the CCR at JFK.
I assume BA would have a decent argument that this is not a "connection".
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
I assume BA would have a decent argument that this is not a "connection".
Given that they allow access the following day at T5 when arriving in F (and no time stipulation in this) I don’t see why not.

Assuming they didn’t see this as a connection, how about LHR/JFK/LCY? You could travel between LHR/LCY via JFK just as you could via many EU destinations.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by madfish

Given that they allow access the following day at T5 when arriving in F (and no time stipulation in this) I don’t see why not.

Assuming they didn’t see this as a connection, how about LHR/JFK/LCY? You could travel between LHR/LCY via JFK just as you could via many EU destinations.
1. It's not a connection because you're returning to the place of origin.
2. LHR/LGW/LCY are all co-terminals of London, i.e. treated as same city for the purposes of fare construction.
3. Not sure of the relevance of T5/next day/time stipulation point here.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bkojote
I have an upcoming flight that is unfortunately booked on British Airways first class from London Heathrow to JFK, with an onward connection to Los Angeles in Alaska Airlines first class, all under the same itinerary. Upon re-clearing the mess that is security in their dreadful terminal 7 for the domestic leg of the trip, will I be able to use the Concorde Room?

On a side note, when first class transatlantic travel is viewed as a misfortune, it may be time to re-evaluate life goals.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opalfruit
The pedant in me wants to say something about 'open doors' probably coming into play in those days... 😁
Opendoors only applied to J lounges 😉
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Does BA F to IB at LHR booked on one ticket really not allow access in practice?
not according to the rules. However as noted above I suspect you would actually get access as there is a lot of smudging of flight numbers and operating airline between IB and BA flights at T5.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Only for another 10 days though.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Let OP experience the AS lounge and he'll never whinge about other travel again.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Often1
Let OP experience the AS lounge and he'll never whinge about other travel again.
The AS JFK lounge is actually pretty decent for a domestic US lounge.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
If, as the OP describes, the OP has the misfortune to be travelling BA F to JFK, and then enduring the mess of the deadful T7, then I doubt the JFK CCR would want the OP’s presence.

Doc Copper
I'm feel 'unfortunate' is being more than generous to this Spanish drunk tourist shuttle of an airline. My hope was that while transferring there was at least a chance to freshen up, since a partner airline would include such a benefit, as well as many others (say, decent catering and ground services.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.