Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Wish we would all just calm down
I haven't caught up on the thread the last couple days - was away popping more popcorn. Did I miss anything other than wild conjecture?

...but in sad developments, changed meeting schedule means I'll likely have to cancel mine OMG maybe if I tell BA now, they'll let everyone else fly it since it won't cost them as much
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I haven't caught up on the thread the last couple days - was away popping more popcorn. Did I miss anything other than wild conjecture?

...but in sad developments, changed meeting schedule means I'll likely have to cancel mine OMG maybe if I tell BA now, they'll let everyone else fly it since it won't cost them as much
I'm very angry with you. It's not correct not to share popcorn
ironmanjt, msm2000uk and cgtechuk like this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:35 pm

Ding ding ding ding 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by paffendorf
Ding ding ding ding ����������������

Enjoy the flight sir !
haroon145 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
understood, I know of someone flying it today, Me I will just sit back and wait, No rush :-)
Have a great flight!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Grrrr, how much is it just my luck that this (apparently) being honoured comes on a trip I'm likely to have to cancel boo hiss!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:59 am

Hello and greetings from CX F lounge at T3.
I think I’ve been the first one (belonging to FT) to fly this fare.
I got in position sat morning incoming from FRA with LH.
I checked in via OLCI as soon as it opened when I still was sitting in the lounge at FRA. Everything went through smoothly and boarding passes were issued regularly.
Once I got in JNB I decided to spend the morning and the lunch in Sandton trying to reduce at minimum any contact with BA and agents.
I got back to the airport mid afternoon and I just presented myself at the lounge where my iPhone was scanned and systems authorized my access to the lounge.
Once the flight started boarding I queued regularly for group 1 line. The agent took my phone but positioned it wrongly and machine started beeping and red lighting (I was almost chocking). She adjusted position with the iPhone and machine gave green light.
No one asked, no one inquired, no one noticed anything out of ordinary.

Hope everyone could join the fare as happened to me. Cheers
SK, ironmanjt, DYKWIA and 22 others like this.

Last edited by paffendorf; Oct 21, 2018 at 2:28 am Reason: miswording
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by paffendorf
The agent took my phone but positioned it wrongly and machine started beeping and red lighting (I was almost chocking). She adjusted position with the iPhone and machine gave green light.
No one asked, no one inquired, no one noticed anything out of ordinary.
Whew! Must of been the longest seconds of your life =)
Thanks for the report back.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I think @paffendorf deserves special FT credit. FRA-JNB-LHR-BCN is a routing clearly deserving special recognition!

As for all the people shouting "error fare" - I think £600 is not particularly cheap for half the distance of a FRA-BCN...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
I think @paffendorf deserves special FT credit. FRA-JNB-LHR-BCN is a routing clearly deserving special recognition!

As for all the people shouting "error fare" - I think £600 is not particularly cheap for half the distance of a FRA-BCN...
Even KARFA would be proud of that one
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, and others
So— any tips on a positioning flights to CPT from LON? Tempted to do the WT offer but 12 hours in Y to do 12 hours in F doesn’t seem right
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Based in YYC, planning YYC-FRA-DOH-JNB / JNB-LHR-BCN-LHR-JNB / JNB-VFA-JNB / JNB-DOH-HKG-YVR-YYC. Around and down and up around the world
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by DBCme
Whew! Must of been the longest seconds of your life =)
Thanks for the report back.
absolutely. I was chocking even because on the reader it appeared ‘problem detected’
LOL
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737

erm.... (currently in BCN)
to be extremely correct
LIN-FRA-JNB-LHR-BCN-MAD-LIN

but if you want I can be more brilliant with my upcoming positioning for that LA mistake fare from POA to FRA.... will try to do my best to get karfa’s Approval lol
rapidex likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by evacboy
So— any tips on a positioning flights to CPT from LON? Tempted to do the WT offer but 12 hours in Y to do 12 hours in F doesn’t seem right
if u have united miles or way to transfer miles there, believe me if I say that .bomb has bizarre routing to say the least ..... via Entebbe, Luanda, Harare, Ndola, Nairobi..... I was so impressed how genial .bomb can be ..... even MIL-ADD-FCO-CAI-JNB (in this precise sequence).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.