Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:59 am

It could be co-incidence, but 'A' class on Iberia is economy, maybe an Iberia filling error and BA just passing on the cost this time?
Getafix likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:28 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Raffles
I know from my regular chats with Qatar that a couple of the exceptional deals we saw over the last couple of years were mistakes including the £1300 Manchester to Auckland deal earlier this year (of which, to give you an idea of volume, 125 were booked purely via the affiliate links on HFP). However, because the Qatar website automatically looks for cheap deals and then flags them up as best deals, it has little choice but to honour them.
As was the Sake Fare, albeit QR had promised a Flash Sale that day anyway - but it wasnt meant to be as cheap as it was!

When QR finally realised what had happened, a meeting of the higher-ups took place, and it was deemed good PR to honour the tickets.

M
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Originally Posted by JFX1764
It could be co-incidence, but 'A' class on Iberia is economy, maybe an Iberia filling error and BA just passing on the cost this time?
Hit it on the Head.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by JFX1764
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this a BA fare wirh a BA fare basis, how would IB be able ro get this on the BA website?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by mario
I'm not saying you're wrong, but this a BA fare wirh a BA fare basis, how would IB be able ro get this on the BA website?
Correct. And if I'm not mistaken, normally the rule of basis fare would be the most significant route, e.g. AMS-LHR-JNB with AMS-LHR in Eco and LHR-JNB in PremEco, then the booking rules of LHR-JNB would apply.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by sch7458
Correct. And if I'm not mistaken, normally the rule of basis fare would be the most significant route, e.g. AMS-LHR-JNB with AMS-LHR in Eco and LHR-JNB in PremEco, then the booking rules of LHR-JNB would apply.
I am sorry but this is not particularly clear and not correct.

Fare is usually filed for the journey eg AMS-JNB with allowed routings.

Buying separate fares AMS-LHR & LHR-JNB tends to be way more expensive then basic cheap fares. If you book two separate fares on one ticket the more restrictive rules apply for changes and cancellation - not the 'more significant'.

Most significant language is associated with what luggage you can take.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:42 am
Suspended

I'm surprised to have not heard anything... at what point do we assume it's a firm booking?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by drakepassage
I'm surprised to have not heard anything... at what point do we assume it's a firm booking?
When the wheels of the aircraft leave the ground on your return flight.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:57 am

Not sure if you're joking or not - but would seem crazy for BA to leave it until people turn up at the airport to cancel or downgrade. Would they really do that?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
For comparison with the TLV fare, I booked that on 12th June, and got the cancellation email from Omega on 19th June, so I wouldn't say you're out of the woods yet with this one...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Winchy78
Not sure if you're joking or not - but would seem crazy for BA to leave it until people turn up at the airport to cancel or downgrade. Would they really do that?
Ethiopian did that with their sale fares in the past. Their J fare from BKK comes to mind.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
I don't think anyone has a proper answer.... we have to wait and see what happens. There's nothing we can do.
For sure, it would be stupid to call the airline or to attract further attention over it.
IMHO, the less contact we will have with CS the better it is.

Last edited by paffendorf; Oct 18, 2018 at 5:38 am
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The changes / cancellation conditions on this one are very generous - is it possible to change the LHR-BCN / BCN-LHR to other dates without charge do you think?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:38 am
HRE

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
The changes / cancellation conditions on this one are very generous - is it possible to change the LHR-BCN / BCN-LHR to other dates without charge do you think?
You can cancel but surely changing date will just reprice to the current fare and you pay the difference? So, would be very expensive!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paffendorf
For sure, it would be stupid to call the airline or to attract further attention over it.
The fare is no longer available so I don't see why at this stage it would be stupid? Clearly BA are aware, the fare didn't pull itself after a few hours

Bear in mind if BA decide to cancel they will cancel tickets whether you have contact with them or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.