Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA CPT-MAD/BCN return in F for £667 - Biltong (now dead)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by paffendorf
if u have united miles or way to transfer miles there, believe me if I say that .bomb has bizarre routing to say the least ..... via Entebbe, Luanda, Harare, Ndola, Nairobi..... I was so impressed how genial .bomb can be ..... even MIL-ADD-FCO-CAI-JNB (in this precise sequence).
^^^ this. I'm in JNB at least half a dozen times a year, and frequently end up checking award routings on .bomb - usually from Washington. Weirdest I ever got was IAD-NRT-HKG-JNB.... IAD-GRU-JNB comes up often....also IAD-LIS-LAD-JNB seems to be coming up a lot lately. If you're "just" doing Europe to JNB you're going to see all kinds of weird routings, often via CAI and ADD with 3-4 flights to get to JNB. All depends on your sense of adventure....
paffendorf likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Three more days have passed and BA hasn't said a word on this. I'm starting to think that it's now safe to assume that the flash-sale tickets will be honoured.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mario
Three more days have passed and BA hasn't said a word on this. I'm starting to think that it's now safe to assume that the flash-sale tickets will be honoured.

agreed I know of a few people who have also already flown
haroon145 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
agreed I know of a few people who have also already flown
Whoop whoop! Enjoy the ride!!!!
haroon145 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by mario
"Flash-sale" LOL. Looks like this mistake fare is finally going to be one that sticks...makes me extra cranky that I need to cancel mine.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
"Flash-sale" LOL. Looks like this mistake fare is finally going to be one that sticks...makes me extra cranky that I need to cancel mine.
Urgh - is there no way you can fly one leg then amend the second leg with historical fare rule? Use it another time?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I think I am going to have to cancel my three legs that I booked in a rush without checking dates

The price to change is around £3,000 online !!!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I think I am going to have to cancel my three legs that I booked in a rush without checking dates

The price to change is around £3,000 online !!!
Changing your ticket normally always involve fare change, too. Even fully flexible ticket typically just means you can change anytime without fee, but it doesn't mean no repricing.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:55 pm

I'm flying JNB to BCN and back two hours later. Unfortunately I have luggage to check since this is part of a bigger trip.

At JNB, can I check in my luggage all the way back to JNB or only to BCN? If only BCN and a flight is late an I miss check-in in BCN, am I covered since this is one itinerary or am I out of luck? Would it make sense to store my luggage in JNB instead?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by sifi8
I'm flying JNB to BCN and back two hours later. Unfortunately I have luggage to check since this is part of a bigger trip.

At JNB, can I check in my luggage all the way back to JNB or only to BCN? If only BCN and a flight is late an I miss check-in in BCN, am I covered since this is one itinerary or am I out of luck? Would it make sense to store my luggage in JNB instead?
I’d store the luggage - one less thing to worry about if you have a quick turnaround - also reduces the chance of it going missing (assuming you have secure storage at JNB)
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I’d store the luggage - one less thing to worry about if you have a quick turnaround - also reduces the chance of it going missing (assuming you have secure storage at JNB)
I'd definitely agree with this. Store your bag at the airport securely.

M
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Wouldn't the same aircraft flying you LHR-BCN be the same aircraft taking you back from BCN to LHR if you have a 2hr turn? So if the inbound is late, then the outbound would also be late?
I still agree with just storing your bag at your hotel in JNB or luggage storage office.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by YYC009
Wouldn't the same aircraft flying you LHR-BCN be the same aircraft taking you back from BCN to LHR if you have a 2hr turn? So if the inbound is late, then the outbound would also be late?
I still agree with just storing your bag at your hotel in JNB or luggage storage office.
BA turn aircrafts in 30min short haul so for sure a different aircraft.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
BA turn aircrafts in 30min short haul so for sure a different aircraft.
I think 30 minutes is a bit ambitious for BA

Usual is between 40-50 mins, but there are a few slightly longer ones around of 60 mins. Absolutely agree tho, 2 hr difference wouldn't be the same aircraft - you can always check by looking at the last few days of flights on flightradar24 and checking registrations.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by paffendorf
No, this is not correct. Changing date BEFORE first flight will incur in repricing using current fare. AFTER first sector, ticket will be repriced using historical fare.
Does anyone have the full fare rules for this fare?
ADL0NNM7

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.