Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A321 Club World flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Don't forget, IB has a major hubbing activity at MAD. My brotther more than once has bought a BA code share to S America etc etc via Madrid, and I suspect the timing is to connect to / from a lot of the over night S American IB routes

Air Canada extensively use WB aircraft for pan N American legs ie YYZ to CAL, YVR, SFO and LA. YVR to Newark etc, Some are part of an additional leg on the original flight ie YYZ - YVR - SYD whilst others are a there and back. Now, AC offer West to east coast canada night flights on a widebody for flat beds in Biz and PE.
Even Aer Lingus in the summer use A330s to Malaga and Faro where the aircraft could be sitting on the ground at Dublin for hours. By sending an aircraft say on a 0900 departure to say frankfurt (using a 0600 arrival) and then using that aircraft on a late afternoon departure from LHR to east coast, it would b a great use of aircraft. Tracking my flights to / from Toronto, the same aircraft arrives at LHR at 0600 is and leaves at 1300 back to Toronto. Hardly a good use of an expensive asset
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Flyerstarter
Flown this to AMM a bunch of times, babies on laps up front.
Thats what I was concerned about, thanks a lot for the clarification. I am surprised BA still insists 1A is able to have a bassinet.

Originally Posted by Gig103
Interesting! Is this on the London - Madrid route? I heard that route gets CW instead of CE because the execs are flying that route often between HQs.
No, this is AMM and also CAI that I am flying on.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
These midhaul aircraft are mainly used on TLV, AMM, BEY but they can go to MAD, or even LHR-NCL (I've had 4 rides on them on this sector this year, complete with Theoretical Seating in CE, which seems a bit harsh in a 3 seat per row layout). MAD also gets 777s, but it's much more to do with (a) amount of freight (b) sheer number of passengers and (c) available alternative aircraft lying around in the LHR warehouse. It can't be taken for granted, there are often late changes in different directions, and the service on board is CE Long rather CW (or for that matter CE Medium).
These will also be used for CAI, which is unfortunate because the 789 is a great plane and I have always been able to get a seat in the first cabin which is used as CW on this route.

Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
I’ve literally just boarded one now to fly up to Newcastle and I can confirm, no bassinet in Club!
Thanks for checking.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:04 pm

I was on one of these for a AMS - LHR in August.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere on FT, but I couldn’t find the information anywhere (mid-haul not covered in the A321 seating thread?). Which are the best seats in CW for a couple on this aircraft? Currently selected 1D and 1F.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
I’ve never actually had the IFE activated when flying on them short haul though. Has anyone else?
Yes, on a flight to MXP once.

On a separate note, has anyone known the 'mid haul' A321s to fly LHR-AMS?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:13 am

No bassinets in Row 1. IFE available on flights outside the EU. Throughout the year, these are used with CW service on the Moscow route (both SVO and DMO). But, in the summer, the earlier DMO flights operates with a 787 or 777. My mum flies to Moscow with this plane all the time, although she [strangely] prefers the 787 CW seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.