getting specific BA phone agent?

Old Oct 12, 18, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
getting specific BA phone agent?

I've had some wonderful recent experiences with the YouFirst phone team and foolishly didnt ask for clarification at the time but during my last phone call a particularly wonderful agent based in India mentioned something along the lines of "please contact me at anytime again if you need my help" and then gave me her full name and that she was based in Dehli. I should have asked how it would be possible to call her specifically but had to get on a flight. Is it possible to call and ask for specific agents?
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA Premier Platinum, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
I'm sure you can ask, but I suspect you won't get very far. Either because the person you asked for is on the line, not in the office, or is otherwise engaged. But rest assured, your needs and wishes have been carefully recorded on the internal systems!
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:16 am
Original Poster

What do you think the agent meant? Maybe I misunderstood her? I wonder what would have happened if I had asked for email or specific phone contact?
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:25 am

I've been given extension numbers before so I can reach the same agent to complete complicated bookings and also email address on a couple of occasions. Interestingly, the e-mail address ends in avios.com not ba.com.

Edit: This was for new bookings via BAEC line, not YouFirst

Last edited by s1362083; Oct 12, 18 at 7:26 am Reason: edit
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by s1362083 View Post
I've been given extension numbers before so I can reach the same agent to complete complicated bookings and also email address on a couple of occasions. Interestingly, the e-mail address ends in avios.com not ba.com.

Edit: This was for new bookings via BAEC line, not YouFirst
I so wish I had asked this agent for her extension! What a great feature, well done BA. Oh well for me.
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG
I've been given an agent's email address before, when she had to off and enquire about taxes on a WT to WT+ upgrade, including changing the existing basic WT fare bucket to an up-gradable one. She offered to call me back, or I could email her direct with my instructions .

She called me back, twice no less. This for a holiday booking as Blue BAEC member.

Decent customer service I thought.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2 View Post
I've been given an agent's email address before, when she had to off and enquire about taxes on a WT to WT+ upgrade, including changing the existing basic WT fare bucket to an up-gradable one. She offered to call me back, or I could email her direct with my instructions .

She called me back, twice no less. This for a holiday booking as Blue BAEC member.

Decent customer service I thought.
Thats really terrific service and frankly I have had nothing but really stellar service from BA agents and their social media team, wonderful people!
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels View Post
Thats really terrific service and frankly I have had nothing but really stellar service from BA agents and their social media team, wonderful people!
This was from an agent in BA's North East UK call centre, presumably somewhere in the Newcastle area. Someone more clued up than me will no doubt confirm where. Having called them a few times over the last coupe of years, I've always had superb service. Can't fault them. Friendly and keen to help.
Old Oct 12, 18, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’ve been given email and phone extension as well, on the Gold line. Not used them to my recollection, as I’m not a needy person.
Old Oct 12, 18, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Iíve been given email and phone extension as well, on the Gold line. Not used them to my recollection, as Iím not a needy person.
I would suggest in fact you are extremely needy of all sorts of reinforcement
Old Oct 12, 18, 10:04 am

I've got a collection of email addresses/extensions for agents, particularly reservations, so it is helpful to have if you need something specific or complicated doing.
Old Oct 12, 18, 12:09 pm

Note that with extension numbers you still need to get through to the same office they are based to be transferred to that person.
Old Oct 12, 18, 2:36 pm

You First has some excellent agents. The good ones really help differentiate BA from rivals in this area. I have had specific extensions and contact details given many times. Proactively offered without me asking too.
Old Oct 12, 18, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2 View Post
This was from an agent in BA's North East UK call centre, presumably somewhere in the Newcastle area. Someone more clued up than me will no doubt confirm where. Having called them a few times over the last coupe of years, I've always had superb service. Can't fault them. Friendly and keen to help.
You have a PM from me.
chris1922Mk2 likes this.