Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA.com/App availability for Avios not matching reality [ LCY-DUB]

Old Oct 12, 18, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

Has anyone noticed discrepancies between Avios availability showing on line and what you can actually book ?

I was searching for seats for LCY-DUB flights - looking for 3 seats ... for the flight I was after there was 1 seat showing on BA.com and in the App ... I tried to book it on the website but several times it failed at the final stage ( after the card authorisation step when it goes back to BA.com and it say's 'we're finalising your booking' etc. then it gives a 'Sorry we can't complete your transaction' message )

Given I wanted 3 seats anyway I knew I would have to call up anyway as I thought you could make a Gold Priority booking ( though apparently you can't on CityFlyer services , only fully BA operated but that's another story ) .. So I called up and was told that there were actually 2 seats available not 1 as shown online .. Great, if strange .. So I booked those two over the phone and said I'd hang on and wait for a day or two and see if another one came free before booking a cash ticket for the final seat.

This morning searching again on BA.com 1 seat shows available again .. so I called up to try to book it only to be told by the call centre that there's actually nothing available on that flight

Flight in question is BA4468 on 23NOV in case that makes any difference.

Confused ! .. I've never known the availability displayed to be incorrect before. At the end of the day can just book a cash ticket for the last seat so doesn't matter too much , but it's a bit weird

Search this Thread
Search Engine: