Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA AMEX maximum credit limit?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The Platinum card is a charge card, so has to be paid in full each month. It is not a credit card.
There are both options - charge (also known as deferred debit) and credit in the platinum range. The BA credit works on the same system as the plat credit, and the same sets of limits. It’s just BA branded.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

There are both options - charge (also known as deferred debit) and credit in the platinum range. The BA credit works on the same system as the plat credit, and the same sets of limits. It’s just BA branded.
Really? I didn't realise they offered a platinum charge card as well. I stand corrected! ^
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:31 am

50k is the max limit on the ba amex. Amex confirmed to me

Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Bophopper
Interestingly, my limit is only £10k vs my wife’s at £18k , whilst I earn 10x more than her ......

Amex takes into account household income when determining credit limits.

Mrs Geeks was initially 10% higher than mine although I only earn a mere 4x. { She's been given a limit increase recently too, even though bills are always paid in full and she's never got close to 25% of available limit. }

I'ts actually quite frightening how much available credit the various card companies will give you without even requesting it.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Victor Que
between Mrs firstlight and me I'd confirm the 50k seems reasonable limit. Mrs firstlight's limit is 2* her annual salary so they must look at household income too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.