Wiki Posts
Search

Part Avios payment for Qatar flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Part Avios payment for Qatar flights

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a way to book a Qatar Airways flight via BA in order to use some Avios to part-pay? Or is Avios only usable against BA flights?
I've found a QA flight that goes to the same end location (SIN) as the BA flights I was looking at but because it goes via DOH I would collect more TP so worth it in my opinion, if I can get it around the same price as the BA option. Because BA have a route I can't coax their site into showing me the QA option.

Apologies, I'm sure this is covered elsewhere but couldn't quite find the info.

Thanks all
J
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC
I believe it’s only BA Flights.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I believe it’s only BA Flights.
I think AA mix allows it on BA.com. I know if you Aer Lingus for example it takes the option away,
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

For revenue tickets I believe it's only on BA and AA and 'selected' flights at that. Here are the T & Cs

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ditions-of-use
  1. Members can use their Avios to pay for part of the total price of selected British Airways & American Airlines flight non-redemption bookings made on Ba.com.
  2. Bookings made with this payment option will be subject to the standard fare rules associated with the fare purchased.
  3. Avios can be used to pay for bookings made on Ba.com or by calling a British Airways Contact Centre.
  4. The entire booking must be eligible for Avios part payment for it to be applied to the booking.
  5. The Avios payment rates are defined in a fixed set of currencies. If more than one Avios payment option is available, it is not possible to change the price option chosen once a booking has been made.
  6. The Avios payable will depend on the cabin class, route selected and the number of people on the booking, this will be clearly displayed on the booking page.
  7. British Airways reserves the right to alter the applicable Avios payment rates at any time in its sole and absolute discretion, but this will not apply to bookings already made.
  8. When a Member makes a booking using Avios, the Member must make the relevant payment for the ticket. The Avios will be debited from the Member’s Executive Club account, for each passenger on the booking.
  9. The Avios to be accrued by each Member on any booking made using Avios part payment will be clearly displayed on the booking page. The Avios and Tier Points to be accrued by each Member on the booking will be in line with the commercial ticket purchased.
  10. When Avios have been used as part payment, the Avios will be refundable only where the fare is refundable. Partial refunds of fare and surcharges will be credited to your Avios account up to the value of the original part payment, with any remainder credited to your original method of payment together with government taxes.
  11. In the case of a Household Account, current redemption rules apply regarding the debiting of Avios across the accounts of the Household members. However, Members of a Household Account can make Avios part-payment bookings for people outside of the Household Account.
  12. Avios part payment may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, unless expressly stated otherwise.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Ah. That's fairly conclusive isn't it!

Thanks for that. I should have been able to find that myself..

Unless anyone has any other ideas I'm going to book the BA version and lose a few TPs in favour of saving a few £.

J
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it leisure or work? I'd take the double TPs and comfort of QR non-direct if it's a longer leisure break
etiene likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Part pay with Avios is available on LHR-DOH flights
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Well I'm travelling for a job but taking my partner and making it mostly a leisure trip...

There is a limited amount of £ available from work and so I'm footing the rest of the bill.

Yes I am leaning towards QR.

Interesting discovery @Prospero, I will see if I can get it to do the full trip then. Presumably part payment can't happen via phone?

Many thanks
J
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ProcrastinatingJames
Well I'm travelling for a job but taking my partner and making it mostly a leisure trip...

There is a limited amount of £ available from work and so I'm footing the rest of the bill.

Yes I am leaning towards QR.

Interesting discovery @Prospero, I will see if I can get it to do the full trip then. Presumably part payment can't happen via phone?

Many thanks
J
Well the above states:

Avios can be used to pay for bookings made on Ba.com or by calling a British Airways Contact Centre.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Yeah. I just can't make the BA website show me the flights that I'm after. Probably because they have their own routes which they prefer to offer.

However, I have found in the T&Cs that I could potentially do it by phone so will give that a shot. -Edit- I was writing my response at the same time as you I think Mikeyfly! Thanks.

Not sure how good value for money part payment is, although I do find it hard to spend Avios so maybe worth it?

Thanks all
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Part pay with Avios is available on LHR-DOH flights
Isn't that Avios points from the Avios website rather than Avios from your BAEC ?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:26 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Isn't it only available on LHR-DOH because you are booking the BA codeshare?
etiene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.