Wiki Posts
Search

AA flight booked thru BA changed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
AA flight booked thru BA changed

Hello all, I am faced with a situation and looking for some advice. I booked a flight last month on AA metal DFW-CDG for Mar 2019 through the BA site. Flying J on the outbound and PE on the return. It was on the 789 which I would choose over BA when it comes to J. Well, I checked my booking and there was an equipment change. The new booking shows me in standard economy on the return. I called BAEC and they said it was AA's fault for changing the equipment but they offered to rebook on BA metal and and put me in WT+ but I would have to connect through LHR. This is not appealing to me.. They gave me the # for the compensation Dept but I have not called yet. I have not dealt with anything like this before and would like to know if anyone has suggestions before I call. Basically I paid for J/PE and they changed it without any notification to me. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Ring the # you were given
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babats
Ring the # you were given
Planning to once they open but open to advice/ suggestions before I do in case someone had a similar situation.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
What's the eqiupment been changed to? I thought justabout everything that AA was running out of DFW had a PE section already.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DallasTX_Traveller
Planning to once they open but open to advice/ suggestions before I do in case someone had a similar situation.
If you do wish to remain in PE for your flight, and AA are no longer running a plane with PE on that route, your options are going to be connect through LHR on to a BA/AA flight with PE.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
You have the alternatives, you just have to make a choice
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Looks like the DFW-CDG flights will be operated by B787-8 in March, and there is only one of them with a PE cabin so far. DallasTX_Traveller, if you want to keep PE on the return you'll have to accept a reroute (not necessarily on a BA service).
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Have you tried asking for DFW-PHL-CDG?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It could be that there is either no PE on the new aircraft or that the substitution causes an overbooking and AA is thus avoiding an oversale.

As AA is the operating carrier and this is the return from the US, EC 261/2004 will not apply and compensation will merely be the fare difference between PE and Y for that segment. It won't be much.

There will be others in this situation and the better alternatives go to the people who act sooner. I would simply make a choice and go with it. If you have another routing, propose that.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I'd be tempted to keep my powder dry on this one and wait until closer to the time. AA was pretty agressive with the timeline for rolling out PE on other fleets, and it may well be reinstituted before your trip if enough 788s are refitted.

If it is not, then you will have to connect somewhere to a service with PE if you wish to have a PE TATL flight. Even then, the one stop options are pretty much just LHR on BA-BA/AA, MAD on IB-AA or possibly BCN on VY-AA?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by etiene
I'd be tempted to keep my powder dry on this one and wait until closer to the time. AA was pretty agressive with the timeline for rolling out PE on other fleets, and it may well be reinstituted before your trip if enough 788s are refitted.

If it is not, then you will have to connect somewhere to a service with PE if you wish to have a PE TATL flight. Even then, the one stop options are pretty much just LHR on BA-BA/AA, MAD on IB-AA or possibly BCN on VY-AA?
Thanks, going to wait and watch for a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.