BA16 - SIN - LHR dining later

Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:38 am
Original Poster

BA16 - SIN - LHR dining later

We are travelling CW from SYD - LHR. Based on the flight times I am planning for myself and two young children to go to sleep as soon as possible after boarding the SIN - LHR flight.

What are the possible options for a proper meal later in the flight, after we wake? Will we just have to make do with the Club Kitchen?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes. CW does not do dine on demand. You need F for that.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
In terms of Jetlag I would suggest not doing that even if you could. Dinner on a SIN-LHR is served in late afternoon or early evening UK time: if you sleep the first six-eight hours of the flight you will wake up between 10 pm and 1 am UK time depending on season.
Oaxaca and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
You’ll eat when you are told in CW, unfortunately
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by teddyflyer
We are travelling CW from SYD - LHR. Based on the flight times I am planning for myself and two young children to go to sleep as soon as possible after boarding the SIN - LHR flight.

What are the possible options for a proper meal later in the flight, after we wake? Will we just have to make do with the Club Kitchen?

Thanks
Don't count on there being anything left in the Club Kitchen. Take something with you if you intend eating outside the normal meal times.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:22 am

I assume you have already booked? If not then I would recommend switching from the BA16 to the BA12 halfway through. That gives you a good couple of hours in SIN which you can use to grab a meal in a restaurant or lounge and then go straight to sleep on the plane... otherwise as others have said take your own.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
You’ll eat when you are told in CW, unfortunately
...and usually it's not that quickly after take off either, which doesn't help on the SIN-LHR leg, when you're already tired.

If you skip dinner on board and/or eat beforehand it's a long wait until breakfast. I would take extra food provisions as you can't rely on the club kitchen.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Don't count on there being anything left in the Club Kitchen. Take something with you if you intend eating outside the normal meal times.
Definitely useful advice ^

If you wake up after the Club Kitchen has already been raided by others (esp. if your CW cabin on the day happens to have a high load) you may be lucky to find the odd sad packet of crisps still left - though little, if anything, else. Not that there would have been much in the way of nutritious food there to begin with.

Here’s hoping that the new seat is accompanied by dine-on-demand service ....but perhaps I’m whistling in the wind on that one.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Given it will be at least 1am Sydney time when we board in Singapore I don’t think we could keep the children up to eat, even if we wanted to.

It does seem a bit of pain that on a 14hr flight in Business there is not an alternate time to access food. Now we just need to work out what food to pack.

We are BA16 all the way. I am interested in POUG to First. There doesn’t seem to be any information available on any thread on a likely cost. Given we have four people on our booking I assume that also reduces the odds.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Get a good feed in the lounge in SIN - there's BA and Qantas - could you make some lunchbox up from either of these lounges ?

Ask the crew to keep chilled for you ?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:47 am

I just travelled LHR-JFK in CW on a daylight flight. I'd just stuffed myself in the lounge so asked the crew member taking the meal order if I could eat later in the flight if possible. He explained that they don't offer Dine on Demand and all the hot meals are cooked at the same time. However, he'd be happy to set aside a tray with a starter, dessert and cheese for me to have when I liked. I appreciated this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Setting aside the starter, dessert and cheese would be a good outcome. Thanks for the tip.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:35 am

Indeed you can have cold dishes if there are any left over or if you had requested to set aside. But hot dishes BA won’t serve to you under the premise of “health and safety”.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
Yes. CW does not do dine on demand. You need F for that.
I just flew SIN LHR in F 2 weeks ago and there is no dine on demand at all. I got a bit hungry and the crew member said , i can pick up some bites in the CW kitchen or in economy class. I am not joking, this is really happen.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chan36
I just flew SIN LHR in F 2 weeks ago and there is no dine on demand at all. I got a bit hungry and the crew member said , i can pick up some bites in the CW kitchen or in economy class. I am not joking, this is really happen.
Would that have been your first meal or were you looking to be given a second full meal? The former would be surprising/shocking but if you and the other passengers ate a full meal at the outset of the flight any remaining meals may have been given to the crew, which would explain nothing being available for you later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.