Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK First Lounge: reviews and photos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by daslax
I am traveling in IB biz class later this week - also OWE but booked using IB+ so my AA EXP status will not be reflected on the BP. Are they still combining J/F access so that there is nothing to be gained in trying to get my AA status reflected? I’ll have access to dining anyway, so just checking whether I need to harass IB check-in agents to change my FF# (or show OWE card along with IB BP to the BA lounge staff).
It was certainly open to everyone passing through with status or a J ticket a couple of days ago so you *should* be fine. There was a little lull between about 3.30pm and 4.30pm, but from about 2pm - 3.30pm, and again from 4.30pm onwards, it was standing room only with people resorting to perching on the edges of tables. I left at that point, but it only seemed to be getting busier. The way that the lounge hosts appeared to be dealing with the crowd primarily was through some strong New Yorker style encouragement for Club World passengers to shift themselves over to the dining room. Quite an unpleasant experience really, though the lounge is so much better than it was (and much better than the pictures I saw online suggested). I find it very reminiscent of the new AA flagship lounge styling. They also have Brockmans gin on self-pour, which is a surefire way of coping with any amount of overcrowding.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I am traveling in IB biz class later this week - also OWE but booked using IB+ so my AA EXP status will not be reflected on the BP. Are they still combining J/F access so that there is nothing to be gained in trying to get my AA status reflected? I’ll have access to dining anyway, so just checking whether I need to harass IB check-in agents to change my FF# (or show OWE card along with IB BP to the BA lounge staff).
Sitting in the lounge now and *wow*, even on an interim basis, this should not be acceptable. F lounge still the only option and it is slammed - forget about finding a place to sit, even walking around is a challenge. And pax on non-BA flights are not allowed into the dining area, even if you’re in biz. So a pre-flight meal is not at all possible, just tea sandwiches and small snacks and it’s more crowded in here than the terminal. Would have gone to AS but of course they’re not allowing Priority Pass tonight. I’m just kind of blown away that anybody at the airline thinks this is acceptable... but I guess we are talking about BA.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
I’m inside the F lounge now, and wow it’s crowded.
Impossible to find a chair and I see a lot of people standing.
As said before, not acceptable.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
How long is this overcrowding going to be going on for? When we they be re-opening the J lounge?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Extremely crowded tonight exacerbated by a late running ANA flight (supposed to leave at 4:55 but showing 7:10).

Entrance staff recommending the business lounge which appears to be partially open. Luckily in J tonight and the main dining room is not busy. The smaller dining room with the Asian food appears to be used as an overflow from the First lounge and is rammed.

I’d definitely like to avoid BA until this is sorted out but the pricing is too good for my route so I’m stuck with it.

For Golds in W/Y it’s really bad.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
First time in here and it's not good.
1/2-3/4 full at 3:30pm (although some people putting coats on chairs possibly making it look fuller), and some loud American woman who can probably be heard clearly in next door's Alaska lounge. Might go and sit at her table and loudly talk to my phone, sarcastically shouting that "sorry I have to shout but I need to be heard over some loud mouth".

Definitely far more people in here than I've ever seen in the previous first lounge. Must get a CCR card again should I ever to decide to fly out of JFK again (will preferably catch an AA flight to LAX to avoid this in future and use the QF F lounge).
Loads of Asian people for an ANA flight? Remember seeing them in GC rather than in here so are they letting most people in with status and/or cabin class?

Lack of power and when there is some, half the points need a good 2-3m long lead to reach you.

Very friendly staff on the front desks with some miserable git near the drinks bar.

Two wash basins just aren't enough. Not sure why there's 3 in an earlier picture unless I've missed something or that's the women's restroom.

Not sure how the pre-flight dining works. Seems to be a "boutique dining" room with a load of tables and some white bar. Do you go behind it and join the masses pigging from a trough?

Added: There seems to be a large side room where pre-flight dining occurs.
Not too bad with bangers and mash (sort of tinned hot dog sausages with lumpy mash. Onions were lovely as we're the ones on GF at LHR the other day).
Cranberry juice drinks being passed around that aren't too bad. Spritzer + cranberry juice?
Chinese Char Sui etc. meats warm rather than hot.

Much prefer the AA flagship lounge. Ok the food isn't amazing but the soda machines beat the cans of Coke etc. on offer here and it's far easier to find somewhere to sit and there's power everywhere.

Last edited by xenole; Feb 11, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:15 am

I’m flying in J to DOH on the morning (1105) QR flight in May. I presume there will be no pre-flight dining available, but as a non-BA pax would I be able to enjoy it if it was offered? I’ve read conflicting reports and this post seems to indicate non-BA pax can access pre-flight dining.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rhinopia

I’m flying in J to DOH on the morning (1105) QR flight in May. I presume there will be no pre-flight dining available, but as a non-BA pax would I be able to enjoy it if it was offered? I’ve read conflicting reports and this post seems to indicate non-BA pax can access pre-flight dining.
Won’t you be leaving from T8 rather than T7?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by absoluy

Won’t you be leaving from T8 rather than T7?
The evening flight leaves from T8, but the morning flight leaves from T7. I should also clarify I’m OWE so can access the F lounge instead of the Galleries lounge (which I’m not even sure will be finished by May...?)

Last edited by Rhinopia; Feb 24, 2019 at 6:40 am Reason: Add screenshot
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I was NOT able to access pre-flight dining at the BA lounge - it's exclusively for BA passengers, regardless of status.

The evening flight leaves from T8, but the morning flight leaves from T7. I should also clarify I’m OWE so can access the F lounge instead of the Galleries lounge (which I’m not even sure will be finished by May...?)
Correct, you will be in T7 (sadly). Not sure when the Galleries lounge will open, but for now everyone gets the F lounge, which is not set up to serve the number of people visiting. However, I imagine the experience is much better in the am as there are not a lot of flights leaving at the time of the morning QR flight.
Rhinopia likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Side question, but still related, I'm flying F on the way back in a couple of weeks, do I understand that there's no pre-flight dining for F pax?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by alex67500
Side question, but still related, I'm flying F on the way back in a couple of weeks, do I understand that there's no pre-flight dining for F pax?
Hi,

Travelling In F you have the separate Concorde Room ( CCR) with dining facilities so you can have a meal in the CCR and on board if you so desire.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Travelling In F you have the separate Concorde Room ( CCR) with dining facilities so you can have a meal in the CCR and on board if you so desire.

Regards

TBS
Facepalm. Of course, makes sense. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:37 pm

I was NOT able to access pre-flight dining at the BA lounge - it's exclusively for BA passengers, regardless of status.

Correct, you will be in T7 (sadly). Not sure when the Galleries lounge will open, but for now everyone gets the F lounge, which is not set up to serve the number of people visiting. However, I imagine the experience is much better in the am as there are not a lot of flights leaving at the time of the morning QR flight.
Sadly indeed. I was looking forward to some time in the AA Flagship lounge, but I’ll have that on the way home as I connect domestically to AA and should have access as an AA EXP connecting from an intl flight. And I did note the dearth of flights leaving at that time from airlines that share T7, so I’m hopeful if the Galleries Lounge hasn’t re-opened by then it won’t be too packed. I’ve been scouring for info on that projected date, but recent info has been tough to find.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Emailed YouFirst the other day asking about the showers at JFK and supposedly they are reopening on 26th April? Seems sooner than some have suggested?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.