JFK First Lounge: reviews and photos

Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
apologies if i missed this somewhere else. When you say 'dining room' - are they are now offering more than canapés in the F lounge in JFK?
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It's a shame they couldn't sort something to allow people to use the pre-flight dining facilities without having to leave the lounge and go next door.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
What the hell is this? It looks as though one can actually see things? Is that correct? They have lights? That is massive progress.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by xenole
It's a shame they couldn't sort something to allow people to use the pre-flight dining facilities without having to leave the lounge and go next door.
I thought the original plan was for the GF lounge to have its own pre-flight dining area. Has that not occurred?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My first impression was the lack of seating. Arriving at 5:30 with flights from ANA and Lot sharing the lounge there were probably only 5 empty seats in the main lounge.

I took a seat at the bar area which unfortunately seems to lack the same level of air conditioning as the rest of the lounge.
The bar is a sort of hybrid model, you can free pour or ask a staff member to bring a drink for you.

The enomatic wine dispenser is a fun way have a mini tasting but not really suited for pouring a large drink.

Initally i was pretty underwhelmed bar the great service the lounge staff offered. The saving grace was upon heading to the Pre flight dining area, this is a separate offering from the club lounge and is split into two rooms. The decor there is noticeably below the main lounge area but has probably the same amount of seats so if you are flying Club and find the main lounge area crowded this is where to head. Aircon worked great and the food was pretty good, by lounge standards. I’m not sure but it seemed to be better than what I’ve had in the Galleries Club preflight dining area.

Would have taken some photos but as lounge was busy tough to do so without imposing on the people there.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
What time does it open? I am getting a cab at 4:45am from Midtown tomorrow
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is perhaps the most uninspiring new F lounge or even J lounge that I have seen any airline do in years......and it took how long to do?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
It is perhaps the most uninspiring new F lounge or even J lounge that I have seen any airline do in years......and it took how long to do?
Have you visited yet, or just going by the photos?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Garuzle
My first impression was the lack of seating. Arriving at 5:30 with flights from ANA and Lot sharing the lounge there were probably only 5 empty seats in the main lounge.

I took a seat at the bar area which unfortunately seems to lack the same level of air conditioning as the rest of the lounge.
The bar is a sort of hybrid model, you can free pour or ask a staff member to bring a drink for you.

The enomatic wine dispenser is a fun way have a mini tasting but not really suited for pouring a large drink.

Initally i was pretty underwhelmed bar the great service the lounge staff offered. The saving grace was upon heading to the Pre flight dining area, this is a separate offering from the club lounge and is split into two rooms. The decor there is noticeably below the main lounge area but has probably the same amount of seats so if you are flying Club and find the main lounge area crowded this is where to head. Aircon worked great and the food was pretty good, by lounge standards. I’m not sure but it seemed to be better than what I’ve had in the Galleries Club preflight dining area.

Would have taken some photos but as lounge was busy tough to do so without imposing on the people there.
is access restricted to J passengers like the J lounge or open to everyone who has access to the F lounge?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Pre flight dining area is for club passengers only. The main area has a similar selections of sandwiches, crudités, cheese and snacks as the prior First lounge had.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:18 am

Tobias-UK and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:21 am

The lady at the desk said the Business Lounge was now not available.

it will get busy in FL with that closed!

inwasnt blown away with the food choices, no hot breakfast?

Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by hfly
I guess given its likely expected life is now only until 2022 (or 2025 latest perhaps) the level of spend has to be appropriate for the expected asset life?
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
It is also worth bearing in mind this is to a large extent a "perk" lounge. Any BA F passengers with use the CCR. So this caters to Gold cards travelling in J (who have a J lounge option with full pre flight dining) or W or Y) and third party carriers under contract. It needs to be functional and offer a better experience than the general terminal area (and the J lounge) but does not need to be a truly F class offering at JFK.
Padmeister likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
The lady at the desk said the Business Lounge was now not available.

it will get busy in FL with that closed!

inwasnt blown away with the food choices, no hot breakfast?

I suspect that is because the morning flight is not a sleeper service which means no pre-flight dining.

Thank you for the photographs ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.