Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Arrow JFK First Lounge: reviews and photos

​​​​​​Here are some photos. Will get more of the dining room once open

Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by awoxp
​​​​​​Here are some photos.
I'm really intrigued as to how the fruit in the drink dispenser defies gravity. Any ideas?
justin_krusty and tynmar like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thanks for posting, the seating area with the single seat sofa's looks a bit crammed in, hopefully there is more private seating available?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by awoxp
​​​​​​Here are some photos. Will get more of the dining room once open
Just to say thank you for getting the photos online. The bar arrangement may work well with at least some of the regulars. And plenty of power points this time.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Already clearly a seat shortage issue. They will have to do something about it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by polochick
I'm really intrigued as to how the fruit in the drink dispenser defies gravity. Any ideas?
Tonnes of Ice...

looks good. Thanks for these photos.
polochick likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
wow! love the design!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
This is quite a radical change. I've been in the F Lounge many times and I can barely (as in I can't) figure out where these photos were taken from!
VSLover, rossmacd and Marschel like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:55 pm

I can’t fathom the layout changes either. Finally, a massive step up and looks great - so far - minus a few kinks like storage. I notice there doesn’t appear to be a window view, however.

How much bigger is it compared to the old F lounge and what is the difference in seating capacity?

Is there going to be more space added to the F lounge still after the J lounge is redone?

Originally Posted by Fraser
This is quite a radical change. I've been in the F Lounge many times and I can barely (as in I can't) figure out where these photos were taken from!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Thanks for the first photos and the review. Facing the imminent loss of my CCR card, I've been keeping a close eye out for news from T7. It looks interesting but also indicative of a totally different design concept?

There's something about the proliferation of beige that reminds me of the newly refurbed AA flagship lounges. I hope the lighting isn't quite as stark as it appears on those photos. The observation that there isn't enough space to accommodate everyone on Day 1 is very worrying indeed!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Nothing really jumps out for me to be honest, but until I've seen it in the flesh, so to speak, I won't cast too much judgement.

It's a shame there's wasn't the space available to work with to make it into something more spacious and perhaps more akin to the LHR T3 CX lounges.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Looks totally bland and even unfinished. Very disappointing!
BCH likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 10:48 am

Thanks for the photos OP. The lack of windows is the still the most striking thing to me. I do think a lounge really suffers if it has no views.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
It looks interesting but also indicative of a totally different design concept?
Yes, I think it's a slight evolution of what was started with the new Rome lounge - still looks a bit dull and derivative to me, but certainly a vast improvement on what was there before!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for posting the first photos of the new JFK First lounge, awoxp ^

I share other posters' views that the layout is not immediately apparent and that what appears to be the principle seating area looks tiny and crowded.

I'm not a huge fan of the design, but look forward to visiting next month.

Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia

How much bigger is it compared to the old F lounge and what is the difference in seating capacity?
Is there going to be more space added to the F lounge still after the J lounge is redone?
I believe a small amount of space was taken from the Pre-Flight Supper room in the Club lounge to expand the First lounge. The First lounge is now complete.

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
It looks interesting but also indicative of a totally different design concept?
It's the same concept as the new FCO and ABZ lounges, and will be rolled out to the refurbishment of the Club lounge at JFK next.

Originally Posted by xenole
It's a shame there's wasn't the space available to work with to make it into something more spacious and perhaps more akin to the LHR T3 CX lounges.
Size-wise, the JFK First lounge is larger than the LHR T3 CX First Class lounge.

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The lack of windows is the still the most striking thing to me. I do think a lounge really suffers if it has no views.
The old lounge used to have exterior windows along the far left hand side (as you entered the lounge) and some interior windows at the end. It's not clear from these early photos whether these have been retained or covered up. I sincerely hope they've been retained.
Ancient Observer likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 6, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.