Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting T3-T5 - best strategy for a fag

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Connecting T3-T5 - best strategy for a fag

Discovered today when connecting T5-T3 that there is no longer a smoking area at T3 airside. On my return on Sunday is the best option to go landside at T3 and then to T5 via HEX or underground to the smoking area outside T5 departures.

Or can I go through flight connections T3-T5 and join the normal arrivals channel at T5 and go landside. Essentially it will be the same smoking area at the North end of T5 departures level outside I will go to, also good for the plane spotting. I have 3 hours between flights if on time so no risk of a misconnect.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
You can take the flight connections bus to T5 and go through immigration there no problem.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
That is a shame, I have fond memories of smoking in the "cage". Looks like landside at T5 is your only option, just don't follow the advice of this article and smoke on the galleries First balcony!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I was in T3 a couple of weeks ago, went looking for the cage - found myself in the new connections centre and no cage to be had! Very frustrating!! I guess transfers will now be landside via Piccadilly line for me

If you’re in T3 and there is over two hours until your flight you can whizz to T4 and back for a fag.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC
My husband used to smoke, and he discovered that nicotine patches worked very well when we were flying - may be an alternative if you don’t have time to go landside
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Airprox
You can take the flight connections bus to T5 and go through immigration there no problem.
I definitely don't need a cigarette but I am connecting from T3 to T5 (single ticket), and I need to pick up my suitcase from Excess Baggage Company on the Arrivals Level landside at T5, and check it in for my onward flight.

If I take the flight connections bus from T3 to T5, it will just spit me out near T5 Flight Connections, and I can just "land myself", so to speak?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Sunday was a cinch, after taking the connections bus which was waiting at T3 followed the signs for arrivals. No queue at the border and I was through in 10 seconds.

I always like outside T5 departures at the North End for a fag, particularly good on Sunday as they were landing on 9L
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I definitely don't need a cigarette but I am connecting from T3 to T5 (single ticket), and I need to pick up my suitcase from Excess Baggage Company on the Arrivals Level landside at T5, and check it in for my onward flight.

If I take the flight connections bus from T3 to T5, it will just spit me out near T5 Flight Connections, and I can just "land myself", so to speak?
Yes you will get dropped off at T5A at the same place where you would end up if you had been bussed in from a remote T5 stand. You then just go up the escalators one floor and you are in the normal arrival corridor with access to immigration or flight connections.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It has worked out exactly as reported.

I cannot comment on the cigarette as I was going for my bag not a fag, but there was a guy going near-exlpolosive at a purple coat staff that he had to go through immigration to have a cheeky smoko...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Hilde
My husband used to smoke, and he discovered that nicotine patches worked very well when we were flying - may be an alternative if you don’t have time to go landside
Mercifully I’ve never smoked, but I can imagine a long haul flight must be pretty miserable for a nicotine addict... Patches all the way for many I bet!!
Hilde likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.