Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First World Problems in the EDI Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

First World Problems in the EDI Lounge

Just to advise have just been in and advised that they are out of fizz until Tuesday. Not to worry for me as the CX T3 lounge awaits.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
LGW Galleries Club has run out of usual fizz too, but a rose option was available... Will update this post when I go for a refill.

Edit: it appears to be this: http://www.champagne-jeeper.com/us/o...ied=adda43fc83

Last edited by mtikky; Oct 5, 2018 at 7:39 am Reason: Link to the replacement champagne
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I'm flying through EDI tomorrow! Luckily going to a Marathon so at least them being out of Fizz will mean I won't be persuaded to drink!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by tomparskate
I'm flying through EDI tomorrow! Luckily going to a Marathon so at least them being out of Fizz will mean I won't be persuaded to drink!
Mmm doesn’t bode well for my trip through on Monday afternoon..... will have to make up,for it at Gatwick First on a Sunday.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Think there may be the potential for some celeb outrage as they fly home after the dunhill golf on Monday - hangovers dependant for them.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice
Think there may be the potential for some celeb outrage as they fly home after the dunhill golf on Monday - hangovers dependant for them.
I am sure there will be stocks flying up there as we speak to pre-empt any disasters?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Sounds like a very good reason to submit a service recovery request to me. Say 5000 avios per missed glass of LGPS AND 1500 per Castelnau. I know if the mood takes me I can quaf 3 or 4 in a visit Can't help those of you in EDI but can advise LGW staff where the nearest half decent plonk shops are in Crawley/ Horley for restocking.

Maybe @Cw novice the lack of stock is actually a surreptitious hoarding of stock for said celebs but of course that would be me being my normal conspiratorial self.
mtikky and TravelManBiz like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Sounds like a very good reason to submit a service recovery request to me. Say 5000 avios per missed glass of LGPS AND 1500 per Castelnau. I know if the mood takes me I can quaf 3 or 4 in a visit Can't help those of you in EDI but can advise LGW staff where the nearest half decent plonk shops are in Crawley/ Horley for restocking.

Maybe @Cw novice the lack of stock is actually a surreptitious hoarding of stock for said celebs but of course that would be me being my normal conspiratorial self.
To be fair just landed and was proactively encouraged to have a second double g and t by the purser following my 2 JW black minature starter on the flight. A blessing in disguise, anyway onwards the CX Lounge awaits.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

Mmm doesn’t bode well for my trip through on Monday afternoon..... will have to make up,for it at Gatwick First on a Sunday.
NO TAT in the LGW GF on Wed Night and they were getting low on the cheaper rose. :-(
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Blame the Brexiteers for it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
NO TAT in the LGW GF on Wed Night and they were getting low on the cheaper rose. :-(
This is not good.... do they have the Jeepers Rose at Gatwick’s First like they do at Heathrow?

Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

This is not good.... do they have the Jeepers Rose at Gatwick’s First like they do at Heathrow?

Yes they have this.

https://www.glassofbubbly.com/produc...er-grand-rose/
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:04 am

The Grand Rose was in GC at LGW South yesterday, as consumed by me.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Tuesday?! Is this beurocratic nonsense or laziness? If I was the manager of the lounge I’d be whizzing to majestic / supermarket and expensing it, either that, or send a few cases up from LHR.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Tuesday?! Is this beurocratic nonsense or laziness? If I was the manager of the lounge I’d be whizzing to majestic / supermarket and expensing it, either that, or send a few cases up from LHR.
Yes, but you are not. You've got to remember that this type of behavior is not in their DNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.