Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing miles from e store

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Missing miles from e store

In attempt to boost Avios balance I often purchase via the estore. However with the exception of John Lewis and Apple I find that many of the points never materialise. Appreciate I can chase them up but often don’t have time or inclination, or feel I should have to when I’ve followed the process.

Most recent purchase a laptop from Curry’s.

Anyone else suffering with this first world problem?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I often use the eStore too, I have never had any points rejected, but they often take white a while to materialise!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
No issues for me so far, only quirk is got some points for tyres from Black circles still pending 3 weeks later.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I just checked my Avios statement, and it seems that for me they seem to have taken about 6 weeks recently. Here is an example:

Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@Beergander it's worth checking specific posting terms for XXXXX retailer. Some take longer and this information can be found within the retailer page on the avios store. A good example is booking.com who state 90-120 after stay has been completed. This can lead to very long times however in their case they are, from personal experience, appalling at actually posting at all. Out of 6 bookings I have had to submit a ticket on 5 of those at +130 days. The only reason I stick with it is that it can be a highly profitable payout especially when they do the rare 8 avios per pound promotion so even knowing how long it takes and useless they seem to be ( I blame them as generally speaking BA/ Avios get it right for everyone else) even the need to submit a ticket/ chase them up is worth it for the payout.

The above might be the reason they are not showing as awarded. The process is fairly simple and out of all the tickets i've submitted ( not just for booking.com) only one needed to be chased up a 2nd time. I like to maximise my avios so will often use the store for even basic things like ordering a pizza and while I have had to submit a few tickets it's generally pretty good on getting it right
@Wilsun I think with Groupon awards they are another that waits until the product is used then apply an awarding grace period. I may be wrong but seem to remember seeing that with them and that's what could've lead to 6 weeks although as a general rule avios give themselves a standard 40 days to award anyway unless otherwise stated.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
I think with Groupon awards they are another that waits until the product is used then apply an awarding grace period. I may be wrong but seem to remember seeing that with them and that's what could've lead to 6 weeks although as a general rule avios give themselves a standard 40 days to award anyway unless otherwise stated.
That may well be true, but it seems that pretty much all of mine in the past year have been 6 weeks, only one was just 2 weeks. I don't use the store as much as I would have wanted though...
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@wilsnunn submitting a ticket is a relatively painless and non time consuming affair and i'd imagine the more they get the more likely they are to look at any underlying problem.

Also apologies for the misspelling of your name above.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Happens to me more often than not, just have to submit a ticket and it gets added reasonably quickly. However, watch out when using Currys/PC World collect from store: sometimes employees don't use the collect from store reference to record the transaction, which increases their own sales figures but means your purchase won't be tracked-back to the Avios store.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Row9
Happens to me more often than not, just have to submit a ticket and it gets added reasonably quickly. However, watch out when using Currys/PC World collect from store: sometimes employees don't use the collect from store reference to record the transaction, which increases their own sales figures but means your purchase won't be tracked-back to the Avios store.
In my experience this happens not sometimes, but always. I'd be interested to know if anyone has every received points from a click-and-collect at Currys.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
I recommend to use a clean browser and deactivating any ad blocker or plugin that interferes with page load. That scheme relies entirely on cookies (which is absurd) and its success is very inconsistent.

I had to chase a few times when I just used my normal browser, but when I switched to a dedicated instance of chrome without plugins it worked beautifully (although it takes ages to credit).
argonath likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nd100
In my experience this happens not sometimes, but always. I'd be interested to know if anyone has every received points from a click-and-collect at Currys.
I now get them because I insist that the click-and-collect code is used when I pick the item up and overtly take the name of the assistant who puts the transaction through. May not be a particularly friendly approach, but depriving me of my Avios isn’t particularly friendly either!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
I find for most transactions I can get the same or better deal on TopCashback.co.uk, who seem to track purchases much more reliably and consistently. And has the added bonus of having a choice of redemption options including Avios.

The only exception is John Lewis when intending to make a claim for a Never Knowingly Undersold refund as I know BA Store will generally amend the amount to reflect the part refund rather than entirely decline it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:52 pm

I also got the same problem, I have been waiting for 1200 avios to materialise from Farfetch but nothing. Been like 3 months, I tried to contact BA missing points but no response.... should I follow up?
argonath likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nd100
Once got them but the credit was reversed with no reason given - never got them despite complaining. Another serial offender in my experience is Wex Photographic.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:44 am

Talking about Currys, I recently received 400 avios but pretty sure they were meant to credit 600-700 as there was a higher point promotion. God damn it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.