Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enough is enough - Bye bye BA - I'm out

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Willingly going through PHL is slightly insane. I understand the TP thing, but pick anywhere other than PHL
We have survived PHL on several occasions, and it holds no terrors for us. My only concern on that [as yet unbooked] trip is that the PHL-DCA showed as an RJ-175, which presumably means an expedition to the F Gates.

But I digress. And admit to flying AA occasionally!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

actually Dear, if you can fit in the seat, if there’s no one next you, and if your feet are less than size 12 with proportionally sized leg ��- then lots of us are quite comfortable thank you.
[...]
I have seriously long legs and it is cramped. What scale is 12? I wear 43
I guess it must fit the market, but that must be because, in my humble opinion, European fliers have been hypnotized into a state in which they're lead to believe they can fit in a shoe box.
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:44 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I guess it must fit the market, but that must be because, in my humble opinion, European fliers have been hypnotized into a state in which they're lead to believe they can fit in a shoe box.
They must be long as my husband fits in fine. I am sure that you are right, or maybe they are not concerned given the length of most European flight. Still, none of our opinions will affect the OP as he is leaving.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:05 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
https://onemileatatime.com/tall-pass...-more-legroom/ ?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
This "inoculation of acceptance" described in a previous post sounds like the popular story of a frog thrown into a pot of boiling waters and his reaction vs. a frog starting out in a pot of cold water that increases in temperature gradually. Majority of us will have to accept what is offered if that is ALL that is offered!
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Or just less dramatic
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:28 am
Suspended

What at amazes me is is all this fuss and sarcasm after nearly 40 years. It was such a bad idea that it was immediately adopted throughout Europe. There are no exceptions because it suits the market, it would appear. Make no mistake, First Class it is not.
Most airlines are an exception, then. BA is, out of the six or seven EU airlines I've tried, the only one in which my knees are jammed against the seat in front. The only one. It's also the only one on which I can't correctly adopt the brace position due to lack of space.
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Still, none of our opinions will affect the OP as he is leaving.
Not so much "leaving", more like "left", gone, never to set foot on a BA aircraft again.....Well, should never say never because a miracle might occur and a future iteration of CW becomes innovative enough to be the market leader again. However, I'd bet my right nut on Satan skating to work before that happens.

Anyway, just got a half decent bargain for a trip to SIN next year, Booked on Swiss.com, LHR-ZRH-SIN but the long legs are on codeshares operated by Singapore Airlines. Options were:-

£2250pp for a hop over to ZRH then 12 hours with Singapore's world renowned service. (total travel time +3 hours over direct flight)
or
£3500pp for 13 hours direct in BA's attempt at business class.

If I'd chosen the BA option, I'd deserve to be thrown in a padded cell wearing one of those jackets with the long floppy sleeves.
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Excellent. Really thrilled for you. Thanks for letting us know. Hope you enjoy the flights, especially the world renowned service!
Yetak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.