Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Gold - taking a guest into multiple lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I'm flying from HKG with someone who holds BA Gold status. As there are a few nice Cathay Pacific lounges that he is able to use as oneworld Emerald (plus one guest), we were thinking of hitting a couple of them before our flight. Is it possible to take the same guest into multiple lounges before our flight?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:23 am

Yes, he will be able to guest you into the multiple (good) lounges there. My personal preference is the Pier F, but others like the other options for differing reasons.
i.am.lost and so3003 like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yes, there are plenty to choose from. The pier with dining is great but make sure you leave a fair bit of time to get to the gate where the BA plane departs from.
i.am.lost likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Yes, do take advantage of having a friend with access and guesting rights to the CX F lounges in HKG. IMHO, these, together with QF F lounges in SYD & MEL and JL F lounge in NRT (not tried HND yet, will be there in next spring) are the best Oneworld lounges. Just be aware that you might catch premiumloungeitis, a chronic disease, with complications such as excessive flying and much more.

Oh, welcome to BAFT, starting your career here with a relevant question. There will be one or two of Their Excellencies BAFT Ambassadors, to give you a more formal welcome. In the meantime enjoy the gold mine of information in the sticky "Dashboard" thread at the start of this forum.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Yep the Pier at Gate 63 is great. Go there for nice food and a decent bar. The BA flight will probably be form gate 12-15 or 1-4 so the wing would be good for that. However, if you want a shower use the Pier. I find the loos in the wing to be too dark. I never think they are that well stocked with hand-towels etc.

Both are light years ahead of the Elemis (AKA I'll give it a miss) spa (ha ha) in LHR T5
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, I need to greet you i.am.lost, welcome to the forum and welcome to Flyertalk. I very much hope that you will continue to participate here. If you haven't tried the Qantas lounge in HKG, I wouldn't rule it out, I personally like the food and drink provision there, particularly if a Qantas flight is departing around the same time. Welcome to the BA board.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Having done this exact 'lounge crawl' earlier this week here's what we did. We started in the Wing (turn left immediately after security and follow the narrow corridor) and headed immediately for a shower in the CX version of a Cabana. We had used down-town check-in at the airport express to drop our bags much earlier in the day and spent it exploring HK so we really needed a shower to feel human again.
(click the images for a larger picture)

Got our clothes pressed while we showered then enjoyed a few glasses of bubbles in the champagne bar area of the Wing. Then for food we headed to the Pier, there's far more choice on the Pier ŕ la carte menu.

Wing F food menu

Pier F food menu

It took us 12 minutes to get from Wing to Pier using the train and 23 minutes to get from Pier back to gate 15 using the moving walkways.

Food in Pier F was great:

Xiao Long Bao

Dan Dan Mien

as trivial as it may seem the Wing felt really hot to us, the open-plan construction meant it's as warm as the rest of the terminal while the Pier had air-con that actually worked as was very comfortable.

I hope you have a great time lounge hopping :P
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
....... Just be aware that you might catch premiumloungeitis, a chronic disease, with complications such as excessive flying and much more..
It is definitely a chronic disease but with many acute crises. Moreover, it has long-term and rapidly progressive related side-effects which impact the actual flight and the disease-generated necessity to move nearer to the front of the aircraft after each attack. This culminates in the 1A/1K syndrome which can only be alleviated by commercial flight training.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by morges1
It is definitely a chronic disease but with many acute crises. Moreover, it has long-term and rapidly progressive related side-effects which impact the actual flight and the disease-generated necessity to move nearer to the front of the aircraft after each attack. This culminates in the 1A/1K syndrome which can only be alleviated by commercial flight training.
God help you...

Strangely enough despite having been in some of the 'top' so called lounges in the world there's only one lounge I have any real desire to return to. The views out to the mountains from the Star Alliance J lounge in ZQN left my wife and I entertained the whole hour or two we were there. The unstaffed lounge itself is very basic but we didn't care.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
In case anyone needs to ask - ZQN is Queenstown in New Zealand - pretty much every room in town has an amazing view

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.