Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 14 December 2018

Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starship73

Venue
Now confirmed:

Union Bar
88-90 George Street
London
W1U 8PA
Map

We will be upstairs in the private room. Nearest tubes are Bond Street, Marble Arch, and Baker Street.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but the bar does have a bar snacks and food menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Hotels
Current sales
Any sales for London hotels to be listed here

Attendees - updated to post 102

Confirmed (38):
alpenlupe+1, atcer28, CaroFos, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, dakaix, DeadManFlying, fitch, Flexible preferences, florens+1, Fontana, gliderpilot, howarsan, jfallesen, KARFA, LondonAndy, LPQ, MrMutton, mtikky, Only1BD, Pjh981, robertf999, Sandy Hopper, ScienceTeacher, Sealink, shl , skye1, Snaxmuppet, Tiffywren, VSLover, toothy, TravellerFrequently + 1, WickedStepMother, wilsnunn,

Possibles (16):
Airlineanorak, bubbah+1, Cheny, ifearn0thing+1, Irreverent Medusa, jerub, MarkLHR, navylad, peter h, sahajesh, sheppy26, Tocsin, womble88, Wozza2404,

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 14 December 2018

Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What a fantastic evening! Great to meet you all. Thanks to KARFA for putting it together and teledude for the nice surprise of the food. Looking forward to the next one and if I can meet anyone out in the flyerverse then I look forward to that to.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Apologies I couldn’t make it but another spell in hospital this week stopped that from happening. Really looking forward to Gibraltar and hopefully be wel enough to go to Newcastle for New Year.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:28 am

This was my first FT do after 8 years of posting here, and it was a most pleasant evening. Really good to put so many faces to names and chat with such diverse and interesting people. Thanks to the organisers and I plan to attend more now the ball is rolling!
HIDDY and TravellerFrequently like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thanks!

Fantastic evening!
Thanks @KARFA for hosting and @teledude for the food generosity .
Great to catch up with old friends & meet new ones.
-John

Last edited by skye1; Dec 15, 2018 at 10:36 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Deltus

And Skye1 - I owe you a pint, so I'd better get to one more at least!
No worries - or sometime in London before then 👍👍
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
It was a great night! Thanks everyone.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

im so sad i missed this--was stuck at the office until 10pm and by that time rather enraged and frustrated and just headed home.

sounds like you all had a great time!!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
It was nice meeting you lot Sorry I couldn't stay very long.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonours, IHG, Bonvoy, KFC Colonel's club
Great evening to meet everyone! Thanks KARFA and Teledude!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Many thanks to KARFA for organising a fun evening and to Teledude for his generous contribution - especially as he was not even present!

It was good to meet some new FTers and catch up with some familiar faces too.

Sorry I did not get to speak to everyone - it was a little crowded - but it seemed that everyone was really enjoying themselves!

In particular, it was good to put faces to the names for some fellow Easter PHX travellers - look forward to seeing you at various points during that trip and also those attending the GIB Do!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
Only my second "do", and first with t'other half. He enjoyed it and has not ruled out a return visit! Was great to put a face to some names and will try to make some other functions in the future. Next trip for me is mid April ARN-MIA (though obviously not a simple routing), so be great to meet up with any one else doing flights then (Mon 15th Apr BA001 and then on to MIA).

Have a great Christmas all, safe travels, and of course thanks to all who organised and contributed food/drink to the cause last night.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I managed to put this in the calendar for the wrong day. At least i double checked before heading to the Union this evening!

Maybe next year.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
sounds like a fun evening - gutted I missed it this year but looking forward to the next ones!

Happy Christmas everyone!
skye1 and yellow_peril like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
sounds like another great FT gathering! Sad to miss it, but not toooo sad as I was enjoying a long weekend away in Lisbon for my 30th

Impromptu drinks always happening in London so hope to meet more of you in the future!
skye1 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great evening! Thanks for organising it! So good to put some faces to the nick names seen here.

Lesson for next time: Do not have commitments the following morning forcing you to leave by 9:30pm. :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.