Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 14 December 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starship73

Venue
Now confirmed:

Union Bar
88-90 George Street
London
W1U 8PA
Map

We will be upstairs in the private room. Nearest tubes are Bond Street, Marble Arch, and Baker Street.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but the bar does have a bar snacks and food menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Hotels
Current sales
Any sales for London hotels to be listed here

Attendees - updated to post 102

Confirmed (38):
alpenlupe+1, atcer28, CaroFos, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, danielbk, dakaix, DeadManFlying, fitch, Flexible preferences, florens+1, Fontana, gliderpilot, howarsan, jfallesen, KARFA, LondonAndy, LPQ, MrMutton, mtikky, Only1BD, Pjh981, robertf999, Sandy Hopper, ScienceTeacher, Sealink, shl , skye1, Snaxmuppet, Tiffywren, VSLover, toothy, TravellerFrequently + 1, WickedStepMother, wilsnunn,

Possibles (16):
Airlineanorak, bubbah+1, Cheny, ifearn0thing+1, Irreverent Medusa, jerub, MarkLHR, navylad, peter h, sahajesh, sheppy26, Tocsin, womble88, Wozza2404,

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 14 December 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
apologies, young friend KARFA, I know we had talked dates a few months ago but it now looks like I am unlikely to be able to join this year.....
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
apologies, young friend KARFA, I know we had talked dates a few months ago but it now looks like I am unlikely to be able to join this year.....
this is disappointing to hear. I guess at your stage of life you have to start taking things a bit easier tho
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Myself and Small_Clanger intend to be there, but won’t be a late night as have an early flight the next day.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Physci
Myself and Small_Clanger intend to be there, but won’t be a late night as have an early flight the next day.
There is no such thing as „no late night“ when teledude is there though...
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
I shall be there!
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA

this is disappointing to hear. I guess at your stage of life you have to start taking things a bit easier tho
haha. you wait until you get to my level of wisdom!!!!
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I will be there.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:12 pm

Love the site and reading about the great meet ups and tier point runs but have never taken the plunge. We are lowly blues and have only ever made silver and so don't have much experience. Would love to attend but not sure what to expect.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Me as well please. Looking forward to it.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbah
Love the site and reading about the great meet ups and tier point runs but have never taken the plunge. We are lowly blues and have only ever made silver and so don't have much experience. Would love to attend but not sure what to expect.

Hi bubbah. The fact that you are blue, silver, orange, pink, or green doesn’t matter, you are more than welcome. There will be others there who have never been to a Do before too. Basically it’s just a very mixed group of people meeting up and having a drink together. Don’t worry, it’s not serious and we won’t be spending the evening talking about boring things like new seats!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
we won’t be spending the evening talking about boring things like new seats!
Yes we will!
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
and we won’t be spending the evening talking about boring things like new seats!
Probably because someone will somehow manage to bring one along so everybody can try it instead of merely talk about it

Can you put me on the list as a maybe please. I'm out the evening before, so I may or may not fancy another trek into central London...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:09 pm

Karfa thank you, very reassuring. Put me plus 1 on the maybe list and will check out hotels.
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by bubbah; Oct 30, 2018 at 4:10 pm Reason: missed a word
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm a maybe. Will check diary when back from hols, but mainly working in London again so can hopefully make it.

T
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:33 am

I've put myself down as a maybe, and updated the wiki to this post.
KARFA and megaloman like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.