Wiki Posts
Search

Dreamliner to Houston?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Dreamliner to Houston?

Afternoon All,

I have a trip to Houston booked on BA195 on Sun 28th Oct. Was just checking my seat having read the whole port/starboard discussion on another thread, decided I wanted the right hand side so I could get better views of the frozen north. In the process, I realised the seat map shows 2-3-2 in WTP and when I went to Seat Guru it showed it as a 789. Ooh, thinks I - how very exciting (I don't get out much!). I then checked our homeward bound flight on Fri 2nd Nov (BA194) and this shows up as a 777 (and indeed the seat map on the BA app shows 2-4-2). FR24 history for these flights shows 777s all the way (as far back as I can see without a subscription). I realise 787s are in a state of flux with the engine issues and so this is probably all up in the air.

Just wondering if anyone knew whether the 789s are scheduled to be doing this flight in late Oct or has the internet conspired to get my hopes up?

Cheers,
Al.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alhenderson
Just wondering if anyone knew whether the 789s are scheduled to be doing this flight in late Oct or has the internet conspired to get my hopes up?
The actual seat map for your actual flights is the best guide to what is currently planned to operate those flights.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The actual seat map for your actual flights is the best guide to what is currently planned to operate those flights.
Thanks, good to know. Just interesting that the BA app does not seem to know what type it will be - has a dash where it's supposed to tell me that. Maybe its their way of keeping me interested and adding a sou-con of excitement to the whole thing :-)

Al.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Oh how I miss MyFlightsApp @schofs.

I'm booked on the 195 early December and it was a 787-9 when I booked it. Looks like it's been swapped to a 777. Only checked because of this thread.
schofs likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Oh how I miss MyFlightsApp @schofs.

I'm booked on the 195 early December and it was a 787-9 when I booked it. Looks like it's been swapped to a 777. Only checked because of this thread.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :-(
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by alhenderson
Thanks, good to know. Just interesting that the BA app does not seem to know what type it will be - has a dash where it's supposed to tell me that.
That's a longstanding quirk, the newer aircraft types aren't specifically mentioned in MMB. However if you look at thebasource.com then you can work it out. Or if you give the dates someone here will check for you. BA195 on 28 Oct is a 787-9 at the moment.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 5, 2018 at 1:21 am Reason: Correcting link URL
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
Originally Posted by golfmad
+1 to this. Got the family booked across to UK for T/giving trip, and had told them all about the upgraded WTP seats and entertainment system they could expect. Sounds like the 787's have been generally removed from IAH Rats!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by loosehead
+1 to this. Got the family booked across to UK for T/giving trip, and had told them all about the upgraded WTP seats and entertainment system they could expect. Sounds like the 787's have been generally removed from IAH Rats!
I think it must have happened quite recently because ExpertFlyer still shows mine as a 787-9 in Flight Availability but when I check the F seat map it shows as a 12F 777. That will probably correct itself in a couple of days.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Yes this was announced some time ago that during W18, the earlier IAH rotation (the BA195/194) will be on a 789. About time too! The non-refurbished RR 777s have been constant at IAH for about a year now, so please to be getting a newer product once again. Of course IAH was one of the first outstations to get 789 service, so it’s not new to the airport. I am surprised it’s on the earlier service though (As that’s the normally busy one except on Thursdays).

Take what we can get and hopefully we won’t be seeing Air Belgium at IAH anytime soon!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by BA0197
Yes this was announced some time ago that during W18, the earlier IAH rotation (the BA195/194) will be on a 789. About time too! The non-refurbished RR 777s have been constant at IAH for about a year now, so please to be getting a newer product once again. Of course IAH was one of the first outstations to get 789 service, so it’s not new to the airport. I am surprised it’s on the earlier service though (As that’s the normally busy one except on Thursdays).
Unless I've misunderstood you I think you have this the wrong way around. The 789 appears to have been removed from the early flight. Both flights appear to have been operated by 12F 777s (apart from one 14F) in September and it seems set to stay that way for the next wee while. ExpertFlyer is still showing 789 in early December but that does not tally with the ExpertFlyer seat map or BA MMB information.
BA0197 likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Oct 4, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I’m booked to Houston on 787-9 towards the back end of March 2019 on the early (9:30am) flight.

or at least I hope I am 😄
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's a longstanding quirk, the newer aircraft types aren't specifically mentioned in MMB. However if you look at thebasource.net then you can work it out. Or if you give the dates someone here will check for you. BA195 on 28 Oct is a 787-9 at the moment.
I'm sure all the old hands know this, but I couldn't get the above website, the address is thebasource.com
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:47 pm

All 787 Houston flights in November to be subbed to the 777, only announced to the pilots 2 days ago (we’re currently bidding for Nov rosters).

If you’re going to/from IAH in Nov you can expect to be on a 777. No idea what the plan will be after that!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:07 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Are the 747s still coming back or now mix of 777 and 787s?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:45 pm

There will be zero Dreamliner service to IAH from the schedule change W18 and for the foreseeable. All RR Trent 1000 package C engine related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.