Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and its declining brand image

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways and its declining brand image

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
British Airways needs to rebrand to two different airlines. Might I suggest British Airways and Imperial Airways?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
BA001
There's always one smartarse...
HIDDY, MichaelBaku and argonath like this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by camilledpz
How do you think that British Airways' shift to a low cost model impacted its brand image? Do you still think that it is a premium airline? How did your attitude towards BA changed in the past years?
View from the US: It is certainly no longer an aspirational / uptrade brand. (Only some of the Asians and ME3 qualify as such in this era though.) I used to anticipate BA flights with excitement, especially when up the front. Today I prefer DL or AA, front to back. Haywire service, grubby cabins, IT meltdowns, etc. aside, the biggest BA issue for me is that the company projects a smugly lofty view of itself ("It is a very great honor for you to board our aeroplane," etc.) that is mostly not paid off by tactile customer experience.

If I'm captaining a family of four I am certainly not paying hundreds in surcharges to secure seats together when every other TATL entrant, save bottom feeding LCCs, will extend this minor courtesy for nothing. Stuff like that promotes distance from the entire proposition.

Originally Posted by Counterpointing
If you peruse Flyer Talk for even a few days, you would think BA is the worst airline ever.
To be fair that is true for almost all airlines. I am very fond of CX, for example, but do not recognize the miserable company portrayed on the FT CX board.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 10:24 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
@camilledpz, welcome to FT and the BA forum. As has been indicated, there are a number of existing threads which raise and discuss very similar questions to your own - from which you might glean some useful information.

It is normally helpful for members to know the reason why they are being asked to provide feedback and comment, particularly from a new member where they don't know anything about them or the reasons for their participation.

For the moment to avoid thread duplication and in the interests of transparency we'll therefore close this thread, and perhaps you'd be kind enough to drop us a note so we understand the motivation for starting it - you can do this by clicking the red triangle in the box to the left of your post.

We'll then be able to better place it either here on the BA forum or elsewhere on FT.

NWIFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.