Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Start GGL reception in Science Museum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by navylad
.... despite having been London based for half a decade .....
"Half a decade" ? I know you navy chaps are a bit behind the times in how you measure things and talk about things maritime (so aero- stuff too) but this really is going to far: possible even a pole or or couple of perches too far.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Greenpen
"Half a decade" ? I know you navy chaps are a bit behind the times in how you measure things and talk about things maritime (so aero- stuff too) but this really is going to far: possible even a pole or or couple of perches too far.
It's well past 5 bells on the Dog Watch. You have to give navylad an allowance for these sort of things...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I don't care about the celebs but the 3 year old Mstr alexwuk (who is a Bronze knocking on Silver) is a big fan of the science Museum so I'd have loved to have taken him - alas, no invite.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hopefully a few other FTers will be in attendance this evening.

If you see a dark haired bearded chap talking to a fair haired bearded chap, come say hi.

M
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Are the invites to these GGL events usually +1 ?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
This one certainly was.

M
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
​​​​​​

Almost always, yes. It's funny that I did receive an invite (not from BA) to the ATP finals this weekend. I assumed there would be a +1 and told them my guest name - I was then put back in my place!!
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
​​​​​​

Almost always, yes. It's funny that I did receive an invite (not from BA) to the ATP finals this weekend. I assumed there would be a +1 and told them my guest name - I was then put back in my place!!
The ltggl and high value ggl December event does not seem to be +1s. Make of that what you will.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DFB_london

The ltggl and high value ggl December event does not seem to be +1s. Make of that what you will.
It depends on the venue and the type of event, when I've received invitations to dinners - such as the Claridges, Ritz type events - there is normally no +1 but invitations to drinks receptions or F&M type events a +1 is included.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It depends on the venue and the type of event, when I've received invitations to dinners - such as the Claridges, Ritz type events - there is normally no +1 but invitations to drinks receptions or F&M type events a +1 is included.
The BA/LP dinner at the Ritz last October was +1 and very enjoyable
​​​​​​
Also the December GGL event at Southbank is +1 and SWMBO and I will be there. Given the appalling food in F a few days ago on our flight to MIA I welcome the opportunity to give my feedback as I believe Ceri Davies will be attending.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:33 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
​​​​​​

Are you going? Im there Saturday evening as a guest of the blingy airline...message me if you are, Ive changed to a UK number. My +1 is looking forward to copious amounts fo champers...

Its odd the only BA events I got invited to ever were the ones in HK, and they werent GGL specific. Back in Blighty, and nada, zilch, nothing!

Last edited by Beano HK; Nov 15, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Are you going? Im there Saturday evening as a guest of the blingy airline...message me if you are, Ive changed to a UK number. My +1 is looking forward to copious amounts fo champers...

Its odd the only BA events I got invited to ever were the ones in HK, and they werent GGL specific. Back in Blighty, and nada, zilch, nothing!
I have a couple of tickets to the final on Sunday, courtesy of another company. Looking forward to it, but hoping some work planned this weekend won't get in the way!

As for BA and +1s, I was recently invited to the Claridges dinner with a +1 and also have an invitation to the Australia-England rugby match next week, with BA hosted hospitality, again with a +1. Not a huge rugby fan, but looking forward to it!
Beano HK likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Beano HK

Would be good to see you - but actually I have a whole weekend of rugby 🏉😊 The O2 is a little far for a Sunday afternoon. As I couldn’t take a +1, I decided not to attend. Hope you have a good time anyway 👍
Beano HK likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:50 am

Quite an entertaining event last night, notably with the comedian Russell Kane insulting 'Geoffrey the Gold cardholder'. It was genuinely funny, and sounded like he'd been reading the DYKWIA thread!

Aamon Holmes led the speeches, with Alex Cruz, Emma Freud (hilarious woman), John Bishop, and a couple of others speaking.

Nice to meet a few FTers too, rubecula, theox, and RF (not sure what your FT name was!).

The best moment of the evening? When the "Champagne Reception" ran out of champagne!

M
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I have a couple of tickets to the final on Sunday, courtesy of another company. Looking forward to it, but hoping some work planned this weekend won't get in the way!

As for BA and +1s, I was recently invited to the Claridges dinner with a +1 and also have an invitation to the Australia-England rugby match next week, with BA hosted hospitality, again with a +1. Not a huge rugby fan, but looking forward to it!
Ah shame FM, we could have ended up meeting at a non-BA event!

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Nov 16, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.