Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of receipt - should I be worried?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
Lack of receipt - should I be worried?

I upgraded two flights yesterday from WT+ to CW using Avios. My card has been debited and my flights have been changed and I've selected new seats, but I've not had any receipt or email confirmation of the change in cabin. Does this require a follow up or given the app and online details have changed, is all ok?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC
As long as there is a ticket number showing in the ap then it should be ok if you can select seats etc. The last time I made a change I then couldn't select seats as it hadn't been re ticketed, it was all resolved with a phone call.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
It can take a few weeks (even 2-3 months IME) for an UuA to be ticketed. Once ticketed you should get an e-ticket receipt emailed to you.

It's apparently a manual process to do this when upgrading using Avios, tickets that have already been purchased. If your departure is imminent then you go to the front of the queue. I had one earlier this year. Ticket was purchased in January for a July departure and I phoned to UuA the same day for one of the sectors. The upgraded flight was finally ticketed in April.

If gets to two weeks before departure and you've not had a revised e-ticket receipt emailed to you then I'd phone them.

Another way to check if a flight has been ticketed is using the mobile app. Click "My Bookings" and then the flight(s) you've upgraded. Under the booking reference you'll see "Flight duration", "Aircraft" and "Ticket number". If the ticket number has a long number beginning 125-.......... opposite it then you know it's been ticketed. If it's blank then it's still in the queue. Your upgraded sector will still show as the upgraded class and seat map even though it hasn't been ticketed yet so don't take this as an indication that all is well.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Oct 3, 2018 at 6:53 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I don't think I get receipts for upgrades usually, thinking about it. Seat changes within cabin however (somewhat bizarrely) I usually seem to get email confirms for.

I would imagine the fact that you're seated in the new cabin (which presumably you selected yourself on MMB) is sufficient.

If you did the seat selection on the phone, can't hurt to check on MMB I reckon. But sounds legit to me.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Might be worth checking the PNR in checkmytrip.com which will give you a secondary confirmation of the cabin you're booked into. It should show that you're booked into Business with the appropriate booking code (U I think?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.