Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by settlenick
It looks like our First redemption flights in April are going to be on Air Belgium with a downgrade to C.
All First seats have become unavailable overnight.
We were booked on 104 & 105.
No notification from BA yet is it worth calling them or do we need to wait?
Any chance they would rebook us on Qantas or EK on a codeshare with Qantas in their F cabins?
Thanks Nick
Definitely call as soon as you can, they will see it on their system and be able to go through the options.. I would say that they won't rebook onto Qantas or EK, I had the same issue (although on a paid F ticket) a few months back and they refused to rebook me.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

It looks like our First redemption flights in April are going to be on Air Belgium with a downgrade to C.
All First seats have become unavailable overnight.
We were booked on 104 & 105.
No notification from BA yet is it worth calling them or do we need to wait?
Any chance they would rebook us on Qantas or EK on a codeshare with Qantas in their F cabins?
Thanks Nick
FYI - Qantas don't go via Dubai anymore, so that's not an option.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Executive club
Thanks for that. I will call later.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Good to hear - sounds like a genuine upgrade from WTP. We used avios for the outbound to upgrade to CW, so this trip has worked out quite nicely.
Originally Posted by Gomac
Definitely call as soon as you can, they will see it on their system and be able to go through the options.. I would say that they won't rebook onto Qantas or EK, I had the same issue (although on a paid F ticket) a few months back and they refused to rebook me.
Thanks for that. I will call later.
For me I'd say it's an upgrade from WTP and a downgrade from CW. I really didn't like the seat and the entertainment was dreadful, as was the service.

You could try switching to the Abu Dhabi flight if that has availability in F - it's not too bad to get to the Marina end of Dubai from there. Price is around £50 in a metered taxi.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Received also the notification that our flight on the 1st of Feb to Dubai was changed to Air Belgium.
Straight after the email I called BA and changed it to the BA0109 which only leaves 1 hour later.

Not impressed with the pictures of the seats in Business on Air Belgium.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
sorry to derail--maybe in a different thread--but when did QF stop routing via DXB?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by VSLover
sorry to derail--maybe in a different thread--but when did QF stop routing via DXB?
March 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.