Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Chumpsteak
I’m booked on these flight numbers but after the published wetlease period. However, there is currently zero availability in premium economy and First on BA104/105 from around 16th December 2018 until end of January 2019. So possibly a heads up for anyone who didn’t think they’d be affected, I’m wondering if maybe they will extend the wetlease.
Interesting, now following as we are booked F both ways in January using Avios and companion voucher so hopefully the lease won't be extended as we will get nothing back with a downgrade to J; I'm assuming they are doing it because of having to move planes around to cover 787 repairs.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by firstlight
Interesting, now following as we are booked F both ways in January using Avios and companion voucher so hopefully the lease won't be extended as we will get nothing back with a downgrade to J; I'm assuming they are doing it because of having to move planes around to cover 787 repairs.
You get the difference in Avios back as a minimum. Maybe EC261 downgrade compensation if you push.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
you can also ask to switch to one of the other flights which does have F, just get in quick
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
What is Y like on these, I could be on a flight at the end of November and it looks like its an air Belgium plane. I've never been on an a340 so that would be something to tick off the list.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by cosmo74
you can also ask to switch to one of the other flights which does have F, just get in quick
It's not happened yet, if it does we will be in there fast!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:16 pm

It's not happened yet, if it does we will be in there fast!
And indeed the Air Belgium involuntary downgrade occurred to us today on our January flight to Dubai in 1st - BA0105. Taking the great advice on this board phoned up quick and transferred to the slightly later 109 which I was assured was still going to be operated by BA.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My BA105 to dubai on 21 December has been changed to Air Belgium.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Note for anyone ticketed before 2 October in WTP and now finds themselves in KF's Economy Cabin.

The customer guidelines have been revised. You can either stay in Economy and claim the refund plus WTP TPs and Avios; alternatively on a space available basis, you can now be rebooked into Business class. This is in addition to the previous options of rebooking onto other BA metal, to AUH, or a refund. Business Class is available to those who previously accepted Economy, so a change to the usual "one involuntary move only" rule. The exception is if you accepted a refund, you can't go back on to the service.

For anyone ticketed between 2 October and 5 November, this offer is now available on KF services from 15 December 2018 to 1 February 2019.

If the agent is seeing something different, ask them to look at update 5.
firstlight and bigwalrus like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Note for anyone ticketed before 2 October in WTP and now finds themselves in KF's Economy Cabin.

The customer guidelines have been revised. You can either stay in Economy and claim the refund plus WTP TPs and Avios; alternatively on a space available basis, you can now be rebooked into Business class. This is in addition to the previous options of rebooking onto other BA metal, to AUH, or a refund. Business Class is available to those who previously accepted Economy, so a change to the usual "one involuntary move only" rule. The exception is if you accepted a refund, you can't go back on to the service.

For anyone ticketed between 2 October and 5 November, this offer is now available on KF services from 15 December 2018 to 1 February 2019.

A positive move from BA for a change. I suspect many F pax are not taking the business seats...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

This is great advice. It took a HUACA, but they agreed to a business rebooking eventually.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Looks like this has been extended to the end of March.

Can anyone advise if the business class catering and bedding etc is BA and white company etc or is everything Air Belgium.

Tried to google a review but couldn’t find anything.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Looks like this has been extended to the end of March.

Can anyone advise if the business class catering and bedding etc is BA and white company etc or is everything Air Belgium.

Tried to google a review but couldn’t find anything.
Bedding was White Company, and catering was pretty much BA, although the nuts were different and far nicer than the horrible BA almonds.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton
Not a problem

We flew back from Dubai on the Air Belgium in business class. The seating was good as was the food. My only minor grumble would be the very poor selection of entertainment. There’s no music at all.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Bad Company
We flew back from Dubai on the Air Belgium in business class. The seating was good as was the food. My only minor grumble would be the very poor selection of entertainment. There’s no music at all.
Good to hear - sounds like a genuine upgrade from WTP. We used avios for the outbound to upgrade to CW, so this trip has worked out quite nicely.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Executive club
It looks like our First redemption flights in April are going to be on Air Belgium with a downgrade to C.
All First seats have become unavailable overnight.
We were booked on 104 & 105.
No notification from BA yet is it worth calling them or do we need to wait?
Any chance they would rebook us on Qantas or EK on a codeshare with Qantas in their F cabins?
Thanks Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.