Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Bad Company
I’m booked on business class from Dubai to LHR. I got the ‘seat change’ email so my wife and I are now in 9a & 9c. Sounds ok but I’m not able to see the seating plan on the BA website.

Sounds like a ‘like for like’ change but is there anywhere I can view the seating plan?
Seat plan I have for my flight later this week from AUH to LHR shows business class goes back to row 10 on the Air Belgium A340.

Last edited by gorps1; Oct 7, 2018 at 10:41 pm Reason: correct error
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I linked a (seemingly very favourable) review of their A340 business class upthread - though that was not a leased arrangement, and unconnected to BA. Would be interested to get some feedback from affected pax who opt for Air Belgium on the DXB route.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
I had a seat change e-mail yesterday and thought it was to an Air Belgium a/c, but to my surprise it was a change from a 777 to a 380. I don't know why, but I didn't think they would use 380's to DXB.
BA will operated A380 to DXB during a limited period of time in 2019 because DXB will only have 1 runway active due to maintenance work.

British Airways in last week’s schedule update filed Airbus A380 service on London Heathrow – Dubai route, during Dubai International Airport (DXB) runway maintenance project. From London Heathrow, overall service will be reduced from 2 to 1 daily from 16APR19 to 04MAY19, with A380 replacing 777-200ER.

BA107 LHR1255 – 2305DXB 388 D
BA106 DXB0130 – 0615LHR 388 D
JamieABZ likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by florens
BA will operated A380 to DXB during a limited period of time in 2019 because DXB will only have 1 runway active due to maintenance work.
Overall frequency will not be reduced to daily but to 12 weekly:

EDIT: This is a correction to earlier report appeared on Airlineroute.

British Airways in last week’s schedule update filed Airbus A380 service on London Heathrow – Dubai route, during Dubai International Airport (DXB) runway maintenance project. From London Heathrow, overall service will be reduced from 21 to 12 weekly, with Airbus A380 operating as BA107/106, from 16APR19 to 04MAY19.

Original report appeared on Airlineroute, included in 07OCT18’s RSS newsletter, wrote service being reduced from 2 to 1 daily, which is incorrect.

BA107 LHR1255 – 2305DXB 388 D
BA105 LHR2225 – 0825+1DXB 772 x25

BA106 DXB0130 – 0615LHR 388 D
BA104 DXB1315 – 1800LHR 772 x36
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Emirates, BA, KLM, IHG, Hilton, Accor
Received an e-mail from BA last Friday saying they have replaced the B777 on the LHR-DXB with the Air Belgium A340.

We were booked WTP and told we would only get WT, as it's our wedding, not accepting so they offered the BA0106 0225 DXB-LHR on any of the 3 days... not with with my 5 year old thank you!

Had an argument as the person insisted when I got hold of them after 2 days that they couldn't book to QF as it wasn't OneWorld.......... Told them I am not accepting it as we booked a holiday and they have broken this. They then offered a full refund, so took it. Although losing 41,000 avios for the appalling service from BA's customer service lines, rebooked on Emirates instead.

We can take the wedding dress and my suit in the aircraft now as well.

Be firm if you don't want to accept it, they can refund but only if you have been downgraded. If you are like for like, you'll struggle to get refunded.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jtuk
Received an e-mail from BA last Friday saying they have replaced the B777 on the LHR-DXB with the Air Belgium A340.

We were booked WTP and told we would only get WT, as it's our wedding, not accepting so they offered the BA0106 0225 DXB-LHR on any of the 3 days... not with with my 5 year old thank you!

Had an argument as the person insisted when I got hold of them after 2 days that they couldn't book to QF as it wasn't OneWorld.......... Told them I am not accepting it as we booked a holiday and they have broken this. They then offered a full refund, so took it. Although losing 41,000 avios for the appalling service from BA's customer service lines, rebooked on Emirates instead.

Be firm if you don't want to accept it, they can refund but only if you have been downgraded. If you are like for like, you'll struggle to get refunded.
QF doesn‘t operate via DXB anymore.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:06 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by florens

QF doesn‘t operate via DXB anymore.
No but you can codeshare on Emirates still I think.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks jtuk for sharing that experience here, it may well help others. And welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum, I hope we will see more of you, even if your immediate BA travel plans are out of the window.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Welcome to FT!

i am afraid rebooking on to EK is not an option being offered by BA, see early in the thread for what’s available.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

Welcome to FT!

i am afraid rebooking on to EK is not an option being offered by BA, see early in the thread for what’s available.
The poster you're quoting got a refund from BA and rebooked themselves on EK, their post is quite clear
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:54 am

So you canned BA as you had booked WTP and the Air Belgium plane only had WT.

Then rebooked on Emirates which doesn't have premium economy either? Did you book business?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The poster you're quoting got a refund from BA and rebooked themselves on EK, their post is quite clear
I know, it is clear what happened. just noting that the option of getting rebooked on to EK by BA isn’t something being offered.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KARFA
I know, it is clear what happened. just noting that the option of getting rebooked on to EK by BA isn’t something being offered.
And cancellation now seems to be available if pushed (assuming of course the OP has got a full refund rather than just taxes back).
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by simons1
So you canned BA as you had booked WTP and the Air Belgium plane only had WT.

Then rebooked on Emirates which doesn't have premium economy either? Did you book business?
Indeed. They should have been able to get downgrade compensation if they'd stayed with Air Belgium.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
And cancellation now seems to be available if pushed (assuming of course the OP has got a full refund rather than just taxes back).
yes, that was interesting, it seems the guidelines have been updated from what was posted upthread. Previously if in WT+ you couldn’t get a refund , just a credit towards another booking. Now a refund is available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.