Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai route wetlease to Air Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
My BA105 on the 29th November has been changed to Air Belgium. Email just received states there has been a seat change.

I was booked into CW originally. How does Air Belgium J compare?

Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Omba
Thanks, and by Appropriate % they mean 75% of half the ticket do they?.....
I think you have found the elephant in the room...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
The new flights do not appear on BA currently. So assume they are not open for booking.

What percentage do they give as a refund if keeping the 210 tier points?

What is the business section like on Belgium?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
The new flights do not appear on BA currently. So assume they are not open for booking.

They are there if searching for CW
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Hard product appears to be a ThompsonAero Vantage variant (like Aer Lingus, Finnair, Swiss)
https://www.airbelgium.com/en/classes

F&B on their own business product looks decidedly poorer than CW:
https://www.airbelgium.com/en/on-boa...ering#business
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:25 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Spoke to BA - the refund is simply the difference in the ticket on the day of booking - as it was in the sale, I do not think this is a massive amount, especially as it is only one way. Might be a hundred or so each.

So we will book the flight before and leave 4 hours earlier.

Just means an earlier departure from the hotel.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold

Comments from those who've flown it in the Abu Dhabi thread (BA73 Abu Dhabi Flight Cancellations) suggest it's ok, and on a par with BA.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Omba
Thanks, and by Appropriate % they mean 75% of half the ticket do they?.....
I take appropriate to mean the fare difference between the First fare paid and the lowest Business fare available at time of rebook/calculation.This would apply for affected sectors only.

BA is offering you the opportunity to change to another BA operated service in First. My take is if travel is within 14 days then you're eligible for the EC261 compensation if you arrive later than originally booked. If you're outside 14d then you get nothing. If you choose to downgrade F to J on the Air Belgium operated sector then this is not a involuntary downgrade as such because this is your decision and you will forfeit any right to this element of compensation under EC261 (75% refund of the affected sector).
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:32 am

If these changes follow the communication that I have received for some AUH flights you get the seat change message first and a detailed email follows a week later! I have changed my LHR/AUH/LHR to go via Dubai to remain in F but my booking is now showing I am travelling to Dubai and to Abu Dhabi on the same day ! I trust at some stage they will remove the AUH flights from the booking!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Wow they're rolling out new CW quicker than I expected, what a nice upgrade!
DYKWIA and sydtogla like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DelTroon
If these changes follow the communication that I have received for some AUH flights you get the seat change message first and a detailed email follows a week later! I have changed my LHR/AUH/LHR to go via Dubai to remain in F but my booking is now showing I am travelling to Dubai and to Abu Dhabi on the same day ! I trust at some stage they will remove the AUH flights from the booking!
I had exactly the same, although i never actually received the detailed email (my travelling companion travelling on my booking did though). The third flight disappeared after a while.

Make sure you sort your seat reservations quickly - they seem to allocate everyone a seat, so not many options to move to if you want to change.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Zzzap
Hard product appears to be a ThompsonAero Vantage variant (like Aer Lingus, Finnair, Swiss)
https://www.airbelgium.com/en/classes

F&B on their own business product looks decidedly poorer than CW:
https://www.airbelgium.com/en/on-boa...ering#business
On the AUH flights they use the BA bedding and catering
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
I take appropriate to mean the fare difference between the First fare paid and the lowest Business fare available at time of rebook/calculation.This would apply for affected sectors only.

BA is offering you the opportunity to change to another BA operated service in First. My take is if travel is within 14 days then you're eligible for the EC261 compensation if you arrive later than originally booked. If you're outside 14d then you get nothing. If you choose to downgrade F to J on the Air Belgium operated sector then this is not a involuntary downgrade as such because this is your decision and you will forfeit any right to this element of compensation under EC261 (75% refund of the affected sector).

Thanks, if that is the case, I'll be moving to the earlier flight
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If you've flown Finnair's A330 cabin, Air Belgium looks identical (not surprising when it's a former Finnair aircraft). It's alright.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
That single seat at the window looks ok if you're planning on staying up and working. Prefer a BA hobbit hole in J for a bit of privacy in sleeping though.

And of course that's just the J/J comparison. J/F doesn't really stack up for me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.