Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Boarding group number silver status flying Euro Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding group number silver status flying Euro Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
My recent experience (yesterday, T5 gate A20) is that they call group 1 to one agent and then a second agent takes passengers from the group 2 and 3 queue and lets them on in parallel. The result was that me being about 10th in line in the group 1 queue and sat in 1C had to store my bag above row 4 as I was about 25th on board.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
My recent experience (yesterday, T5 gate A20) is that they call group 1 to one agent and then a second agent takes passengers from the group 2 and 3 queue and lets them on in parallel. The result was that me being about 10th in line in the group 1 queue and sat in 1C had to store my bag above row 4 as I was about 25th on board.
Boo. That's very poor form and, I would say, should be reported to BA management. Group one should be completed before group two is started. AA can manage this; why can't BA?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Boo. That's very poor form and, I would say, should be reported to BA management. Group one should be completed before group two is started. AA can manage this; why can't BA?
Boarding has never been well policed by BA and contrary to the belief that status should give precedence, BA are solely interest in having the complete aircraft boarded as quickly as possible. Dividing into groups to avoid the scrum is obvious but anything they can do to complete the whole process more quickly will trump any passengers feeling of status superiority.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

if you were in first on a domestic AA flight you would be in group 1

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ng-process.jsp
I can confirm that practice follows theory in this regard (well it did for me last Saturday, anyway).
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Chris9642

What happens to long haul boarding on a 3 class 777? Is Gold group 1 on their own or is group one CW + Gold (in the absence of First) ?
Group 1 was called all on its own on our LGW-ANU flight earlier this year. We appeared to be the only one's who stepped forward. Quickly followed by Group 2. No mention of group numbers and classes of service in the boarding message, everything was completely by boarding group.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:21 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
As a member of Group 1, most of the time I just jump to the front the queue when Group 4 is boarding...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.