Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F to YYZ in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
My November flights are also on a four class 777, seems...weird.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:38 am

Perhaps ask your clients if they are members of FlyerTalk and care about/need the tier points

If yes, the obvious answer is then HEL-LHR-JFK-???-???-YYZ.

If not and they value the time, then ask them which direct J option they prefer.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by lavajava
If not and they value the time, then ask them which direct J option they prefer.
As I lost hope in getting my clients an F direct flight to YYZ and they rejected flying via the states, I offered them to fly AC or BA non stop to YYZ in business class.

To my surprise they opted for AC J non-stop as they told me BA J is a crap when compared to AC business class
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by teledude
To answer the OP - go via JFK for F
NOPE. They rejected that option. They don't want to transit in the states adding 3 to 5 hours extra time in each direction for a 3 days trip.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
As I lost hope in getting my clients an F direct flight to YYZ and they rejected flying via the states, I offered them to fly AC or BA non stop to YYZ in business class.

To my surprise they opted for AC J non-stop as they told me BA J is a crap when compared to AC business class
That's not a surprise to me. I've flown both a fair bit between London and Canada. The current J product on AC is miles better than that on BA. Plus there are way more schedule options on AC than BA between the two cities, including a daytime eastbound flight if that's your thing. In fact, if you're traveling in paid J and not particularly price-sensitive or playing the status game, I struggle to think of a single reason why someone might choose BA over AC for travel to anywhere in Canada at the minute. (Although if you have the money for F, BA to YVR is a good option.)
Crampedin13A likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.