Search

Overnight at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:12 am
ToJ
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HiltonHonors Diamond
Overnight at LHR T5

Looking to book a flight FRA-IAD that involves an overnight in LHR (arrival 19:20, departure 11:30 the next morning). I assume I won't have access to luggage but how fast/easy is it to get to T4 Hilton or the Sofitel in T5 and then back through security at T5 the next morning for the transatlantic leg?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can ask the agents in FRA to 'short-check' your luggage so that you can pick it up at LHR for the night - if you want it (you might prefer to leave it with BA and just head straight back through security in the morning).

The Hilton at T4 involves a bus ride / transfer. The Sofitel at T5 is super-easy - you walk through a footbridge directly from Terminal 5: takes about 5 minutes. And the same on the return the next morning. Couldn't be much simpler for an overnight stop at T5.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ToJ
Looking to book a flight FRA-IAD that involves an overnight in LHR (arrival 19:20, departure 11:30 the next morning). I assume I won't have access to luggage but how fast/easy is it to get to T4 Hilton or the Sofitel in T5 and then back through security at T5 the next morning for the transatlantic leg?
There's many hotels around Heathrow to choose from. Hilton Garden Inn near Hatton Cross is usually reasonably priced. Buses are free within free Heathrow travel zone - from T5 you can take 423/482/490 to Hatton Cross, most Bath Road hotels are accessible via 423 bus only.
Lefly likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you're not led by budget - then Sofitel is an absolute no brainer - you walk from the terminal to the check in desk
Grande Annee and Lefly like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:24 am

This thread may be useful Sofitel tips and tricks
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If you're not led by budget - then Sofitel is an absolute no brainer - you walk from the terminal to the check in desk
+1 on this and check out THIS thread on the sofitel promo via lastminute dot com
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
And THIS recent one too...

EDITED
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless you require your checked luggage, it is far better to let BA check it through and then you won't need to touch it until IAD. Just pack what you need in your carry-on and you have two tasks out of the way (pickup and drop off).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Sofitel is always going to be first choice for an overnight T5 connection. But if you must leave the terminal I would head straight to the Premier Inn. Just as good as anywhere else and no doubt half the price of the Hilton.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Sofitel is always going to be first choice for an overnight T5 connection. But if you must leave the terminal I would head straight to the Premier Inn. Just as good as anywhere else and no doubt half the price of the Hilton.
Plus 1 for the premier Inn at T4 i had a room there for Ł50, excellent value for money and a stretch of the legs both ways.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
If neither of those are available or appealing, the Hyatt Place or the Leonardo are easily reachable on the 423 bus (free in this case; just tell the driver you're going to those hotels). At the times you are travelling, this bus works OK.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Thistle is another option accessible via pods or free bus.
Stayed once at sofitel paid about 120 quid & found it over priced for the condition it was in.
Thistle more of a 3 star, but paid 45 quid
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:51 pm

Nice restaurant at the Sofitel.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:53 pm

My vote would be for Sofitel due to the convenience and time scale.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:58 pm

One feature missing at the Sofitel T5 is a BA check-in counter next to reception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.