Search

Back to Back Geneva

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Back to Back Geneva

Hi All.

I'm doing an EX-EU from Geneva next year and whilst I've done a few of these. I have never done a back to back when repositioning.

I read that doing this, we get some sort of protection? Is that right?

Also what is a back to back like at Geneva. I've flown into Geneva about 10 times so am pretty savvy with the airport but can we literally walk off the plane and get straight into the departing lounge?

Thank you all in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you read the Wiki here Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
what protection are you expecting for flights that are on totally different tickets?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by eugegall
I have never done a back to back when repositioning.

I read that doing this, we get some sort of protection? Is that right?
It's only the purely practical protection that comes from the fact that you are flying from Geneva to London on the same aircraft which flew you from London to Geneva. If the outbound flight is 2½ hours late, the inbound flight will probably be about 2½ hours late. If the outbound flight is cancelled, the inbound flight is cancelled too.

If you're looking for protection coming from anything other than the laws of physics, you'll be disappointed.

FWIW, you have to remember that if the outbound flight is cancelled, then at the scheduled departure time of your Geneva-London flight, the local staff may be looking for passenger eugegall who has just been automatically re-routed Geneva-Frankfurt-destination, but is nowhere to be found and is therefore to be treated as a no-show.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:08 am

It's one of the simplest b2b airports to manoeuvre.
Off the jetbtidge and down the steps to the tunnel that takes to towards the passport check. Before you even reach the travelators cut back left and up the steps and you're back in the gate area for the departing flight.
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
It's one of the simplest b2b airports to manoeuvre.
Off the jetbtidge and down the steps to the tunnel that takes to towards the passport check. Before you even reach the travelators cut back left and up the steps and you're back in the gate area for the departing flight.
Assuming you're on an LHR service, that is - if you're on an LCY service there's a possibility you'll get a bus gate, in which case you'd have your work cut out to get back to the B Gates (I don't know if/how that can be done without going land side)
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by jk156
Assuming you're on an LHR service, that is - if you're on an LCY service there's a possibility you'll get a bus gate, in which case you'd have your work cut out to get back to the B Gates (I don't know if/how that can be done without going land side)
You won't have to go landside, but will have to go through immigration, which can be anything between 0 and 10-20 minutes. The UK is considered "clean" so no need to go through security. Before you go through the one-way doors leading to the arrivals duty-free and luggage claim, follow the signs to the departure gates and go up one floor.
However, if you're doing an LHR back-to-back, it must be one of the easiest possible, no more than 30 seconds between leaving the plane and finding yourself back at the gate and no paperwork to show anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.