Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Keep Status - Take any 2x BA Flights within 5 days

Keep Status - Take any 2x BA Flights within 5 days

Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
PMI is safe - you end up in the same gate as departure, no security, no passport to go through outside the winter slowdown. FLR can have bus transfers, but PMI will sling an airbridge on to an Embraer without a second thought. You would probably end up at gate A2 in PMI. Make sure you have some water in case it's hot in the terminal, though there are vending machines between the gate and the toilets.

BACF beat the death out of these weekend operations, so be prepared for delays.

Sounds like Palma is the best option as I will just exit at the same departure gate (if I understood correctly)

Also looks I will have to either call BA to book as a round trip or book two one ways
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by navatwal
Also looks I will have to either call BA to book as a round trip or book two one ways
I still think that you are better off booking as a round trip. You may get misconnection protection should there be an unexpected problem of some kind. If you book two one-way tickets, you are pretty guaranteed to have no protection in that situation.

If you do decide to call BA to book, explain that you're calling because you're trying to book a trip which you think should be bookable, but ba.com is refusing to book it.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
You not tempted to do a short overnighter somewhere (longer in total hours, but some of it is sleeping, and it presumably gives you greater scope on destination)...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by Pascoe
You not tempted to do a short overnighter somewhere (longer in total hours, but some of it is sleeping, and it presumably gives you greater scope on destination)...
The problem is that BA only fly Saturdays from BHX so an overnight is not possible unless i return to a differrent airport.

Flying to SFO the next day so not much time,.

I regret not flying BA to HKG and EZE earlier this year, elected to fly LH from BHX In F rather than F and J on BA.

Silver status dictates you must have 4 flights on BA metal / codeshares and thats why need two flights to keep status
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
We flew on the BHX-AGP back in June and there were 2 guys doing a b2b at AGP. The queue at passport was around 10 minutes even at 2300 and they were jumpy about their chances of making the return-I don't know if they did but it did pick up a 1 hour delay so they probably were OK. Ironically it is the the return of this flight a week later that we have just got a favourable CEDR decision mentioned elsewhere.

Stick with Palma!!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

The BA 55 min layover in Palma is available to book via Expedia, not sure why BA dont alow via Website but looks like I will be ok to book this way
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Are you flying to SFO from BHX or somewhere else?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauldb
Are you flying to SFO from BHX or somewhere else?
BA from LHR using a 2-4-1 in F, booked 8 months ago... dont know why BA dont let you count Award flights as one of the four flights on BA for status.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Silver status dictates you must have 4 flights on BA metal / codeshares and thats why need two flights to keep status
Is it perhaps possible to do some BA codeshares on AA metal back in the States, or does it have to be BA metal..?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The BA 55 min layover in Palma is available to book via Expedia, not sure why BA dont alow via Website but looks like I will be ok to book this way
Because ba.com sometimes applies a longer minimum time than the MCT.

If you book through Expedia, you run the risk of the problems that people sometimes have when booking through Expedia; if you book through BA, you won't.
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Is it perhaps possible to do some BA codeshares on AA metal back in the States, or does it have to be BA metal..?
BA codeshares in the US can only be booked as part of an international itinerary.
BAMuc likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
BA from LHR using a 2-4-1 in F, booked 8 months ago... dont know why BA dont let you count Award flights as one of the four flights on BA for status.
BHX-FLR early and then BLQ-LHR, PSA-LGW/LHR or FLR-STN late. Save a journey the next day and several hours in Italy?

Last edited by pauldb; Oct 1, 2018 at 6:27 am
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Because ba.com sometimes applies a longer minimum time than the MCT.

If you book through Expedia, you run the risk of the problems that people sometimes have when booking through Expedia; if you book through BA, you won't.BA codeshares in the US can only be booked as part of an international itinerary.

Why would booking on Expedia be any different, It is still a BA ticket
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would booking on Expedia be any different, It is still a BA ticket
If anything goes wrong, Expedia customer service can be dreadful to deal with. There are lots of reports here about people's experiences.

Sometimes there's a good reason to book with Expedia, and I have done it myself in the past. But when something can be booked directly with BA ...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
If you are a travelling solo, can you go to LHR a day early and do a B2B from there - maybe to LUX?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:59 am

From anywhere in the BHX catchment area I would consider a train from Birmingham International (or other station) to MAN, and then MAN-LHR-MAN. A train journey would almost certainly be quicker and less prone to disruption than driving. A domestic turnaround at LHR be very simple, and there will be opportunity for a lounge visit whilst waiting for the return flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.