Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sunday Times Piece - "Sorry, BA, but new blazers aren’t enough"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sunday Times Piece - "Sorry, BA, but new blazers aren’t enough"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
‘BA: we’re on track’ letter from Alex Cruz

There is a letter from Alex Cruz in the Sunday Times travel section today, in response to last week’s “new blazers aren’t enough” article.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
There is a letter from Alex Cruz in the Sunday Times travel section today, in response to last week’s “new blazers aren’t enough” article.
Thanks for spotting this. Since it is one letter within the Letters column I think we're able to reproduce it in full. Unfortunately he missed out on the £250 letter of the week prize, which went instead to a reader's account of travelling with Bertie, a Springer Spaniel.
Contrary to John Arlidge’s suggestion (“Sorry, BA, but new blazers aren’t enough”, last week), British Airways listens and acts upon what our customers tell us they expect of us, and we are investing £4.5bn to deliver significant changes.

This year we have launched 15 new routes, including to Nashville, Osaka, Kos and Durban. We’ve introduced 18 quieter and more efficient aircraft, with a further 54 new planes set to join our fleet in the coming five years.

We’ve opened new lounges around the globe, our new food menus across all cabins are proving popular and we continue to invest in training for our colleagues. However, we’re never complacent: we know there is more to do, so we will continue to listen to, and work hard for, our customers to deliver consistently high levels of service.

We were pleased that readers of The Times and The Sunday Times last month voted British Airways their best short-haul airline. Every day, BA flies 120,000 customers around the world, more than ever before in our 99-year history, to our largest network for more than 10 years, with flights to more than 200 destinations.
Alex Cruz, chairman and CEO, BA
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:50 am

Somewhat disingenuous comments that "we have launched....." given that 3 of the 4 routes have not launched yet and 2 of them are many months away.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:52 am

I do wonder what the BA PR office thought they would achieve with that letter. It's hardly going to convince anyone that the original writer was wrong. I'm sure most readers will see this as an empty response. If anything it will merely serve to point readers who missed the original article last week to read it now.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I do wonder what the BA PR office thought they would achieve with that letter. It's hardly going to convince anyone that the original writer was wrong. I'm sure most readers will see this as an empty response. If anything it will merely serve to point readers who missed the original article last week to read it now.
Agreed.

I think the reply from AC is par for the course, and comes as no surprise.

Alex himself is a smart cookie and undoubtedly understands how to play the game as CEO. He is a master at putting a positive spin on things, and that was his key objective here. You really can’t blame him for that.

Alex knows - as well as anyone else - that the waffly, vacuous response doesn’t begun to address most of the issues raised in the original piece. But that’s pretty much the way our politicians have always operated - and nobody seriously expects to get an honest perspective or admission of responsibility from them either.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Nothing to do with the BA PR office. It was just AC trying to earn £250 to make up for this years lack of bonus
adrianlondon and Ldnn1 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Wonder if the HV vest was on as he wrote it?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I will start applauding when they return drambuie to the drinks selection in lounges. They took it out over a year ago and never returned it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.