Search

New BAEC cards on Reddit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Why on earth would you think I am in a position to confirm or deny anything BA may or may not be intending to do?
Read what you wrote! You say new cards WILL be released but these may not be it.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Raffles

Read what you wrote! You say new cards WILL be released but these may not be it.
Perhaps I should remove the inadvertent "the" from the sentence?

"We don’t know if these are new card designs that will be released to the Membership."
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Pack
Oh, it exists!

More images on the lower ranked cards.
Right. Now that I WANT! Mrs Cups is a Blue, how can I get a physical card?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Flyerstarter
Does it not concern you that someone may try to use the cards?
No, I only sell ones that have expired. Plus, they are only of use to get into a lounge, and that is checked by the boarding pass not the card. There seem to be a lot of geeky collectors out there for them, probably the equivalent of trainspotters, so hardly hardcore thieves
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bullroot
There seem to be a lot of geeky collectors out there for them, probably the equivalent of trainspotters, so hardly hardcore thieves
Do you not worry about giving a stranger a clear hard copy of your name and BAEC number, plus whatever information is on the magstripe?

I remember when a pair of journalists found that if you picked up someone's boarding pass and went in to the booking, you could then use that as a backdoor into the BAEC account including making new Avios bookings. BA promptly closed that security loophole, but I would always worry about currently-unknown ways of doing similar things. (Alled to that, I personally think that the FLY boarding pass has too much information printed on it in clear.)
Pack likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I like the bronze and silver designs. Gold is a bit boring again. Looks like some Christmas bows and a factory outline... I'll be silver next year so I won't mind
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I see soap bubbles, Spanish(?) tiles, and huh??....
Why can't these designs be eye-catching, like Emirates Skywards..or Eva Airways?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster

How do I get a blue card? I've never seen one? or luggage tags?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Or commit a serious crime / throw themselves off a ferry whilst in possession of the card.
It is explainable yes, but I'd rather not go through it for a tenner!
I think that you watched too many movies. At best, someone will try to access the lounge by showing the expired card.

I'm not sure that blue cards are even issued. They certainly aren't issued automatically. You might be able to order a welcome package but I have no access to a Blue account to try and can't be bothered to open one.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Do you not worry about giving a stranger a clear hard copy of your name and BAEC number, plus whatever information is on the magstripe?

I remember when a pair of journalists found that if you picked up someone's boarding pass and went in to the booking, you could then use that as a backdoor into the BAEC account including making new Avios bookings. BA promptly closed that security loophole, but I would always worry about currently-unknown ways of doing similar things. (Alled to that, I personally think that the FLY boarding pass has too much information printed on it in clear.)
It is amazing the number of Facebook/Instagram posts showing a boarding pass before a flight. With just the PNR and surname anyone can manage the booking online, change seats, amend booking and gain access to your passport/frequent flyer details. Quite scary really.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Flyerstarter
It is amazing the number of Facebook/Instagram posts showing a boarding pass before a flight. With just the PNR and surname anyone can manage the booking online, change seats, amend booking and gain access to your passport/frequent flyer details. Quite scary really.
Fortunately, passport details are behind a further security layer, and there are now only a limited number of frequent flyer details which can be accessed through the booking. But the rest is scary enough. Do people not think? (That's a rhetorical question.)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

No physical typical BA cards for Blues are posted anymore however you can:

Print one off (it also has a bar code)
Have it e-mailed to you
Get it on the App which shows a membership digital card. I'm not aware of Blue luggage tags ever being issued.

Just get your wife to go into Executive Club Items on her BAEC homepage and it's there (just like it is for Bronzes, Silvers and Golds)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by bullroot
No, I only sell ones that have expired. Plus, they are only of use to get into a lounge, and that is checked by the boarding pass not the card. There seem to be a lot of geeky collectors out there for them, probably the equivalent of trainspotters, so hardly hardcore thieves
The potential for fraudulent use is probably very low indeed ; but - as others have already said - I’m surprised you’d want to incur even the most remote risk.

These days there are, sadly, almost as many ‘hardcore thieves’ out there as harmless ‘geeky collectors’. Problem is ...... the former can be pretty adept in portraying themselves as the latter
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
No physical typical BA cards for Blues are posted anymore however you can:

Print one off (it also has a bar code)
Have it e-mailed to you
Get it on the App which shows a membership digital card. I'm not aware of Blue luggage tags ever being issued.

Just get your wife to go into Executive Club Items on her BAEC homepage and it's there (just like it is for Bronzes, Silvers and Golds)
Meh... It's not the same though.
I really wan't some blue luggage tags to put on my bags for when I'm standing in group 2, and on occasion group 1. Priceless.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:46 am
Original Poster

BLUE!! https://economyclassandbeyond.boardi...e-welcome-kit/

Pack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.