Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Exclusive Shopping Event Invitation - Bicester Village 19-21 Oct 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Exclusive Shopping Event Invitation - Bicester Village 19-21 Oct 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
BA Flyertalk Mini ‘Do’ in The Apartment?
lavajava likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
May be down South so have registered and will firm up plans nearer the time...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
No need to receive an email - if you go to the Exec Club offers page on the BA website you can register through that.

Regards

aks120
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:46 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:37 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:03 am

I assume you got it if you have earned Avios there before.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
I assume you got it if you have earned Avios there before.
I don't think I have been to Biecester Village in the last 10 years, let alone earnt any Avios there.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lavajava
I don't think I have been to Biecester Village in the last 10 years, let alone earnt any Avios there.
I have never been at all and I got it.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have never been at all and I got it.
ditto
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Dictionary definition of Exclusive - "available to only a few, select customers; high class and expensive"

It is available to all via BAEC website.

I like Bicester, but often come away disappointed. Even in their sales, most stuff is too expensive. I used to buy stuff there, but the drive to nasty, cheap, expensive stores has carried on remorselessly. Other than L'Occitaine, of course, which is useful since Woods of Windsor stopped selling decent soap and shampoo..
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
how do you earn avios at Bicester?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Take your receipts to the Visitor Centre (or email them in subsequently). Usual earn rate is 5 Avios per £4 spent.

There are, as the OP highlights, occasional promotions that offer a better earnings rate.
BlackBerryAddict likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Uninvited! How very dare they! DYKWIA :P

After registering for the promotion and getting a PDF ticket, I just received this ....

Dear Sir/Madam

We would like to thank you for your interest in the British Airways Executive Club Shopping Event at Bicester Village. We have received an extremely high number of subscriptions which have exceeded the available capacity for this event. As stated in the terms & conditions, members were confirmed on a first come first served basis. With regret on this occasion your application was outside of the allocated number. As a result you have automatically been added to the event waiting list and we will be in touch should a place become available.

We are delighted to extend an invitation to visit Bicester Village from the 19 – 21 October 2018 where you will still benefit from the Private Sale discount of up to an additional 20% in participating boutiques, as well as an opportunity to earn Double Avios and a chance to redeem a free gift on purchases over £50 at Charles Tyrwhitt. Please find your invitation attached. You will need to present this invitation at the Bicester Visitors Centre, or Information Hub located at the train station to collect your Private Sale discount card.

Yours Faithfully
Value Retail Management

Clearly a bit of a mess up, but as I applied just 2 hours after I received the invite email, the numbers must be vast, unless they are dumping the Silver cards in favor of the higher rolling golds!

Anyone else dumped by Bicester?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yep. Same here. I actually looked back at the T&Cs and the full invitation it was only open to 30(!) on a first come first serve.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I got the same thing. Not sure what’s going on? Email is not very well / clearly written. Like it was written by someone with English as a second language (and that comes from someone who speaks English as a second language).

Shouldn’t they have just declined us on the day we signed up (a while ago!) rather than over a week later?

What happened?!?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I was dumped by email today at 13.00 !

All rather shabby !! With 30 places why on earth didn't they target maybe 100 within 50/100 miles, and then target a few more if the 30 wasn't taken. Ridiculous !
Tinseltown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.