Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Collect double Avios on your next ten flights and holidays before 31 December 2018
Register, book and travel before the New Year and you can collect double Avios on all British Airways flights and holidays. This means that for every £1 you spend on a holiday, you will get 2 Avios as well as the double Avios you will collect on your flights. This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when travelling between Europe and North America.

What do I need to do?
Register today and ensure that your Executive Club number is included in your next ten eligible bookings. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2018 to collect double Avios. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
This offer applies to new bookings made after registration only.
Register, book and fly by 31 December 2018.

Details, registration link and full T&Cs here :

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/bonus-avios
Print Wikipost

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by gcampbell
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-special-offer

News to no one I suspect - but it’s a nice one.

My question is probably very easy to answer but wanted to double check as I keep reading what sounds like contradictory information in the T&C.

I registered and have now booked return to Tokyo. Return leg is on Japan metal, BA number. Does this invalidate the whole booking for the promotion, or will I just get the double for the outbound?

Thanks muchly
Hi,

I think you will get it just for the outbound.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Ok thanks. Better than nowt.

Thanks for combining threads - the search function on the forum is extremely poor!
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Clicking through from this, it looks like it's a different (although similar) offer from the one discussed at the beginning of the thread, which is found at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rs/bonus-avios

This newly-posted one appears to be for new BAEC members, for double Avios on the first return flight with British Airways if taken within 45 days of joining.

Is it stackable? The devil in me made me ask the question, just for fun. I know the answer.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Clicking through from this, it looks like it's a different (although similar) offer from the one discussed at the beginning of the thread, which is found at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rs/bonus-avios

This newly-posted one appears to be for new BAEC members, for double Avios on the first return flight with British Airways if taken within 45 days of joining.

Is it stackable? The devil in me made me ask the question, just for fun. I know the answer.
Since they are both targeted offers, one can only assume your're not _supposed_ to stack them.

Of interest, the 'new members' deal only applies to long-haul and is a true double multiplier on everything, including cabin and status (for those jammy prems or people gifted gold/silver by a GGL?) so you could be in for a huuuuuge haul if your first flight was LHR-LAX or LHR-SIN in F.

The 'long haul' only bit is a tad disappointing as I'm in the middle of organising a group trip over Xmas with people flying a mixture of ET/CE. A lot of the group don't care about collecting miles/points so I could see them potentially moving into my garden shed and joining a HHA with me lol...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
it worked for me - thanks for sharing
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have people had their double avios posted? I flew a week ago and have received normal avios but no promo avios. Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Yes, mine have posted at the same time as the flights themselves as a separate entry in my account.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Mine have also posted fine so far.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by P.henrik
Have people had their double avios posted? I flew a week ago and have received normal avios but no promo avios. Thanks
Maybe double check if the booking was also made within the promo window. Unfortunately I have a heap of flying now within the window, but the bookings were all made previously.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:17 am

Got mine same day as the standard points popped up on my account, though one leg of a multi-sector trip was missing. I had BA flight numbers on AA metal on two sectors; one (an international leg) posted the bonus, the other (a US domestic leg) did not. I'm going to miss those 250 Avios!!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Mine have posted correctly. I had forgotten about the promotion so it was a nice surprise - shame I'm only shorthaul until the end of the year
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
[EDIT - corrected as wrong on base avios return]

There's a more or less free cheap Saturday day trip from LGW to Malaga using this promotion for GCHs. December 15th, return price is £55.56. Standard GCH avios for this is 2630, double base avios gives a further 263x2 so valuing an avios at 1p per, you are looking at a net price of £24. If you book with an Amex BA black or similar, you'll take a further £1.65 off at the same valuation. Obviously non GCH will see a lower return on the standard avios, but it's still a decent price with the additional £20 or so off with the promo.

There is a Christmas market in Malaga, and the weather is usually pretty good. So a mini FT Christmas drinks/tapas do there anyone? I'm guessing availability will be restricted on this fare, so if interested, worth putting it on hold or 24 hour cool off now and working on the details later.

Unfortunately I couldn't find this one on a double the difference price match, though I did look quite hard.

Last edited by bisonrav; Nov 12, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BA - Gold
Hello All,

I've book a Qatar flight through Qatar's website. I've inputted my BAEC number but I'm assuming I won't benefit from double Avios? Ticket number starts 157-.

Many thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by tb10
Hello All,

I've book a Qatar flight through Qatar's website. I've inputted my BAEC number but I'm assuming I won't benefit from double Avios? Ticket number starts 157-.

Many thanks!
No, you won't.
spicysoup likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / ITA Volare Executive
Flights booked before offer, POUG after offer

has anybody upgraded an existing booking from before the offer and then gotten the reward? A skim read of the T&Cs doesn’t shed much light.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.