Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Collect double Avios on your next ten flights and holidays before 31 December 2018
Register, book and travel before the New Year and you can collect double Avios on all British Airways flights and holidays. This means that for every £1 you spend on a holiday, you will get 2 Avios as well as the double Avios you will collect on your flights. This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when travelling between Europe and North America.

What do I need to do?
Register today and ensure that your Executive Club number is included in your next ten eligible bookings. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2018 to collect double Avios. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
This offer applies to new bookings made after registration only.
Register, book and fly by 31 December 2018.

Details, registration link and full T&Cs here :

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/bonus-avios
Print Wikipost

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:25 am

They clearly don't bother to proof read either....Para 12 of the Ts & Cs.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:34 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
In case anybody was feeling special or the lucky recipient of BA largesse, I got this as a manky irrelevant blue this hasn't set foot on a BA aircraft at all this year.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Lightbulb

Tried to register, met by the same face slap being "not eligible" as many others. Coming here I found the advice to click on "aready registered' and it turned out I was. Maybe having a low number of flights to book for the rest of the year.

Did send a message to BA, whilst still on their site. Despite being logged in, I had to re-iterate all personal details like name, email, phone membership # and BAEC level to be able to send.

One could wish the Interns being sent back to Fares.

Last edited by onobond; Sep 27, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Bullswood
They clearly don't bother to proof read either....Para 12 of the Ts & Cs.
I also notice that BA has apparently acquired a new franchisee.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just reported via Facebook ... it's now working properly.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Perfect thank you.

Clicked this link, then register and boom you are now registered easy as that.
ThatT1Feeling and IMH like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:39 am

I got offer as a Blue who has never booked a revenue BA ticket, award only.

FWIW, i got the not eligible message about a dozen times before i got the success message. Maybe it just takes multiple tries like booking an AA award used to.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for helping me activate this offer !

But good grief - the amateur behaviour following such a serious failing in their IT is truly astonishing
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:44 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive double Avios on up to 10 single sector Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between the Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld Alliance members will not qualify.
So, direct flights only?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:56 am

What is a "domestic flight within southern Africa" - do they mean the country South Africa? Who are Sunnair and if they mean Sun-Air, they don't operate UK domestic flights anyway.. and BA's LCY subsidiary is called BA CityFlyer. Amateur hour!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:59 am

They have updated the page with an apology..

Important notice

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
So I have just now received the email. I went on to register and got the error message several times. I then followed the link in this thread and got a message saying I am already registered.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
For everyone commenting on the fact that they received the offer not long after making a booking, that's the whole point! BA does the double / triple point offer shortly after the sale ends for marketing purposes to try to incetivise bookings for the rest of the year, it deliberately doesn't overlap with the sale.
Sure, but annoyingly the flights I just booked weren't even in the sale.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Deleted
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rhivolution
So, direct flights only?
No. If you take a connecting flight that will count as two of the eight sectors.
mikeyfly and rhivolution like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.