Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

BA Promo: Double (base) Avios (max 10 flights), 27Sep-31Dec 18, registration required

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 27, 18, 8:48 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Wiki Link
Collect double Avios on your next ten flights and holidays before 31 December 2018
Register, book and travel before the New Year and you can collect double Avios on all British Airways flights and holidays. This means that for every £1 you spend on a holiday, you will get 2 Avios as well as the double Avios you will collect on your flights. This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa. As well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when travelling between Europe and North America.

What do I need to do?
Register today and ensure that your Executive Club number is included in your next ten eligible bookings. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2018 to collect double Avios. Your double Avios award will be calculated on your base Avios, your cabin and tier bonus will apply as normal.
This offer applies to new bookings made after registration only.
Register, book and fly by 31 December 2018.

Details, registration link and full T&Cs here :

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...rs/bonus-avios
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 27, 18, 6:17 am

Is this only eligible for flight only bookings direct on BA.com? BA holidays bookings? Bookings via travel agents
Old Sep 27, 18, 6:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers View Post
This must be Goldies only, no email here as Silver.
Im now Blue and got it.

May tempt me to book my frist BA revenue flights in about 3 years
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Just got my email too even though I'd signed up off the link further up in this thread, as a sale hungry Blue.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:14 am

Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Got the offer as a lowly BLUE and was able to register, in 1 click!
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Bronze
Registered, Silver.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Registered but as usual this comes 2 days after I booked a bunch of BA flights for November. These offers always come just after I've booked.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
After trying the link on HFP and not working...I finally get the email from BAEC and they apologised for the glitch so it has finally worked! I'm a lowly Bronze!
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:52 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Yes, same happened to me.
Old Sep 27, 18, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Lufthansa
Smile

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
It was on the previous screen. So with apologies for the condescending Noddy version:

1) Log in to BAEC in the usual way with your BAEC number and your password.

2) Once you see your status and Avios amount in the top left, cut and paste this URL into the window
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000178571

OR

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...t=100000178571

3) On the following screen click the lower box.

Ha ha ha, a condescending Noddy version is exactly what I needed. Copying / pasting the long link into the homepage worked and I am now registered. Thank you very much!

And thanks to Peter01 for the additional advice - it's all sorted!
Old Sep 27, 18, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
last night bookings

Hi all,
i booked a few flights last night and had the e-mail this morning. I am tempted to call BA and cancel the bookings (using the legally 24 hours granted period) and book again.
mainly because the flights i booked were not part of the sales promo.
I guess, this is possible?

Also what are my chances to call BA and ask them to apply the double Avios directly as i'm going to cancel the flights and rebook anyway?

Last edited by Bastien003; Sep 27, 18 at 8:08 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 27, 18, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I just registered for this offer... and then realised it's only for flights you book from now... after having booked two flights for the next two months in the last couple of weeks.

P.S.: I'm Silver. The link didn't work when I received it, but is working now.
Old Sep 27, 18, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Radisson Gold; Marriott Silver; ALL Silver; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bastien003 View Post
Hi all,
i booked a few flights last night and had the e-mail this morning. I am tempted to call BA and cancel the bookings (using the legally 24 hours granted period) and book again.
mainly because the flights i booked were not part of the sales promo.
I guess, this is possible?

Also what are my chances to call BA and ask them to apply the double Avios directly as i'm going to cancel the flights and rebook anyway?
You're probably safer to rebook and cancel than just ringing up and arguing it. Even if the agent does agree, there's no guarantee the IT will work that way. If the flights are still available at the same price, you have nothing to lose by making a duplicate booking and cancelling the first one.
Bastien003 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 18, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
See the message on the link:

Important notice

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.
Old Sep 27, 18, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Literally just booked a huge flight, 5 mins later email came through. That reeks.
Old Sep 27, 18, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
See the message on the link:

Important notice

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.
Ahh! great! just got a LOT more Avios because of that. Fantastic.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: