Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KARFA
I canít post it as it isnít public, but you havenít seen the worst bit yet.
Come on then... what was it?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gcuk
Itís the staff who have to wear them so itís really their opinion that counts.
i donít think itís either/or to be honest. If other customers like it and Iím the outlier then great, but I donít think any company would launch new uniforms and not care what their customers think. If only staff view matters, then airlines would be much better off having no uniforms at all and letting them wear whatever they feel comfortable in.
ExpatExp, londonba2014 and SxMan like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Wapps68
My honest opinion - looks awful. Will be interested to see what it looks like in the flesh. Just doesnít feel sharp. The cravat thing hanging out on the womenís uniform just looks tatty to me.

Also, is BA requiring all staff to align with their birth gender or will they be able to choose which uniform they would prefer to wear (like Virgin)?

PS will miss the hats! That was a touch of class
This is from the Telegraph report:
The carrier has also decided against allowing male pilots and crew to wear skirts, in contrast to the gender neutral policy at rival Virgin Atlantic.

BA has also decided not to relax other rules for on-board staff, such as allowing employees to display tattoos. Virgin Atlantic changed its uniform rules to permit them last year as part of a push to allow workers ďto embrace their individuality and be their true selves at workĒ.

Sean Doyle, BA chief executive, said the new uniform collection ďwill carry us into our future, representing the very best of modern Britain and helping us deliver a great British original service for our customersĒ.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...rm-cabin-crew/

That modern Britain quote is very similar to the one they use about CE catering...
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
I can see myself in one of those new dresses! Although when I was cabin crew, I was a slim 20 something. Over a decade later, two dress sizes bigger and with a babyÖmaybe that dress wouldnít look so good now!

Iím a bit bored working from home today and saw that BA are currently recruiting crew. Can some current crew come along and put me off the notion of applying please!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Here doing what some newspapers are doing, cropping the main photo left and right so as to show the fuller range of uniforms. Note the onesie. Amd the Concorde Team member.

Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
They look awful in my opinion. Too many mismatched outfits that look cheap and tacky.
Apart from a couple of the men in suits, nothing says BA, "Britain's Favourite Airline", shows me any brand differentiation, quality etc to me.
EZY and FR look far smarter, as do Emirates (and I really don't like the unflattering beige / red? skirts their female crew wear)
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by KARFA
I canít post it as it isnít public, but you havenít seen the worst bit yet.
Do you mean the red gash/slash? 🤭
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:59 am

I'm ground crew and disappointed that there are no hoodies in the new uniform. There are balaclavas but these are not really practical and look ridiculous.

When it is cold and windy it is nice to have the protection from the elements that a hoody gives. A lot of us wear our own which we will continue to do.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I think they may have missed the point about Ďuniformí!

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Crubber
When it is cold and windy it is nice to have the protection from the elements that a hoody gives. A lot of us wear our own which we will continue to do.
At least some of your colleagues seem happy bouncing around in shorts when it's snowing. At LCY they all seem to! Though that's presumably Menzies.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
They look awful in my opinion. Too many mismatched outfits that look cheap and tacky.
Apart from a couple of the men in suits, nothing says BA, "Britain's Favourite Airline", shows me any brand differentiation, quality etc to me.
EZY and FR look far smarter, as do Emirates (and I really don't like the unflattering beige / red? skirts their female crew wear)
Maybe they look mismatched to you, as you are seeing a selection of different staff roles mixed together in the photos?
SpeedbirdLHR and flygirl68 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I think they're OK overall. They're understated which is quite a BA trademark in my humble view and which is a British trait. Sometimes change is good and the old saying that you can please some of the people all the time but not all of the people all of the time applies here.

As for the photos, there's quite a few glum/very unhappy faces there though!

Anyhow, I always thought us Flyertalkers hardly noticed the crew. We're always looking for LPGS supply status, staring at Group numbers on our BPs, moaning about the food, watching people from economy in ET loading their luggage into CE bins, reporting back on DYKWIAs etc etc etc.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:22 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Crubber
I'm ground crew and disappointed that there are no hoodies in the new uniform. There are balaclavas but these are not really practical and look ridiculous.

Some of your colleagues would have had plenty of opportunities to raise this and clearly didnít think it was important. The number of people from various departments and the hours they spent in secret workshops meant there were plenty of opportunities to speak up. The design team even spent time in the different work areas trying to understand the functions and how the uniform needed to work.

Overall Iím not a but underwhelmed. There are some nice elements but others not so much. Think the neckline on the ladies in particular looks a bit off. Iím sure there will be some who are happy and others who arenít.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:25 am

There are quite a few at LHR as well. Even when it went down to -5 a few weeks ago they had shorts on. Crazy!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:25 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sb1982
Maybe they look mismatched to you, as you are seeing a selection of different staff roles mixed together in the photos?
The jumpsuit doesnít go with the other cabin crew uniforms. And the pilot uniforms donít complement the cabin crew either.
londonba2014 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.