Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Being well fitted, and and worn to a high standard (shirts/blouses properly tucked in, ties well-tied, etc.), can more than surpass individual styling preferences
rhysflies likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:37 pm

Ozwald Boateng ethos has been for a contemporary approach that forges a new appreciation for Savile Row, and draws in a younger demographic.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
From what I heard a few weeks back - there is apparently a rather abstract use of bright colour in certain regions of the uniform.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Do you think we will be able to buy replicas in the same way you can buy the "Official England FA" suit from M&S or football tops from Sports Direct?
SxMan likes this.

Last edited by davidcamp6; Jan 5, 2023 at 12:48 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by KARFA
I cant post it as it isnt public, but you havent seen the worst bit yet.
Is it the fact it is paired with Nike trainers? 😀 (For avoidance of doubt I have no info just speculating / joking!)

To be honest I think well all get used to it and presumably itll be gradually rolled out.

in addition to wondering whether SCCMs will wear something different, I also wonder whether name badges have gone.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:02 pm

Flashbacks of London Underground uniforms circa 2000.

Double breasted nipple buttons also feature strongly.
IAMORGAN and londonba2014 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
The irony is they could have saved a fortune by just getting rid of that hideous 1970's nightclub carpet ties they wear!
Cap'n Benj likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
How would that save money?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
How would that save money?
Keep the rest of the existing uniform which would likely look fine with some modernised accessories.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
and then what, let them serve with an open collar so the anti-tattoo group could come here to complain about a visible neck tattoo serving on their last CE flight?

but waiting to see more because the only images above say AA in the mid-2000s.
icebird and 86BA7 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by jeffski
Keep the rest of the existing uniform which would likely look fine with some modernised accessories.
Given uniform stores never had any stock in for the current version, I think theyve already saved plenty.

At least today let us know what they wont be having in stock for the next ten years or so.
jeffski and Irreverent Medusa like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just seen the higher red pics leaked but I shan't spoil the surprise.
​​
Think he's found the pattern for the old utopia waves seat covers for the ties.
​​​​
Comes with a Lovely apron too.
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by BJ787; Jan 5, 2023 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:38 pm

In a bygone era I worked in high end fashion and knew people who worked in Boateng in Saville Row, he was known for his colourful patterned silk ties/shirts on accompanying dark or single tone garments. So these images ring true of his style. Designers change but they often continue using their signature styles like most creative industries. I look forward to hi-res images or real life looks.

On a personal note, I think the world could be a better place without ties. Plenty of ways to be smart without them. But thats for another forum.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:43 pm

I understand the biggest change is coming in below-wing uniforms, rather than onboard/terminal staff. Am actually looking forward to seeing what that means, it’s not usual for upmarket tailors to design ‘workwear’.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:02 am

Confirmed that the clown/Tesco uniform is the one - I for one hope crew refuse to wear the awful looking pieces.. and it goes back to the drawing board.

Link on

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.