Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:05 am

Many on the staff (cabin crew) Facebook group praying this is a red herring. No surprises there.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Nondescript charter carrier vibes - the sort of look youd expect to find on an unmarked A330 to Tenerife!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
I am pretty convinced this is a generic "order your size" background image from a crew uniforms website that has somehow been mistaken for the real thing.
The colours etc. just don't really make sense to me otherwise- as others have said, extremely generic which is the total opposite of what an airline wants.
I have tried using various image search/google lens tech things to verify but haven't achieved much yet.
The one thing that would go against that is that the 2 gentlemen on the right might just have some kind of Speedbird logo on their tie.
Dan72 and PETER01 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
That is a joke right? Looks like someone used Paint app on windows and came up with these uniforms.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:30 am

Ive got a horrible feeling these may be accurate. The individuals in the photo have all popped up on BA promotional material before, and I believe Ive flown with the female pilot
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I thought that the ‘usual practice’ with new uniforms was that a number of staff, both flying and ground based, ‘piloted the uniforms to see how they fared before they were issued to all staff. Does anyone know if these trials have been carried out? I haven’t noticed any crew trying out the new uniform.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Not long now to wait, yes wearer trials have been carried out.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Scotair
I thought that the usual practice with new uniforms was that a number of staff, both flying and ground based, piloted the uniforms to see how they fared before they were issued to all staff. Does anyone know if these trials have been carried out? I havent noticed any crew trying out the new uniform.
All trials were conducted behind closed doors. The idea was to show the uniform to the world and then it would be trialled over the summer. Due to the threat of industrial action, trials happened over the summer behind closed doors with the reveal happening after the trials had taken place.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Contrast this with, in my view, the enduring stylish and quality Vivienne Westwood uniforms by Virgin. I remember one occasion, a few years ago in the US, when the ground crew came to their gate and they exuded the confidence you would expect from models on the catwalk. They were clearly enjoying putting on a show. They were so well turned out and one of the guys said he was proud to wear the uniform. Great standard set by both crew and ground staff.

Wish BA would at least try to match
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Vivienne Westwood ladies uniform wear has to be the most has to be the most hideous uniform I’ve ever seen, I feel sorry for them, the men’s is a little better.
13901 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

In my humble opinion the Uniforms really aren't that bad! (Including the Virgin ones)

A bit quirky perhaps but I reckon I'm too old now (late 50s) to be any kind of fashion guru advisor or think my view is trendy or currently in line with fashion trends.

I'm sure Can I help you is also, like me, heading for the Cardigan and Pipe look, well that's PUCCIs view too, so just discount his opinion too

Ooohh the banter.....
Sealink and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by PETER01
A bit quirky perhaps but I reckon I'm too old now (late 50s) to be any kind of fashion guru advisor.
Quirky?! I'd say exactly the opposite from KARFA's photo above, nondescript would be my choice of adjective...
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Looking at the differences between the pilots uniforms, the FO having a double breasted jacket and the 2 Captains having single, would lead me to hope this is just a generic promo shot for the uniform ordering website…
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PETER01
In my humble opinion the Uniforms really aren't that bad! (Including the Virgin ones)

A bit quirky perhaps but I reckon I'm too old now (late 50s) to be any kind of fashion guru advisor or think my view is trendy or currently in line with fashion trends.

I'm sure Can I help you is also, like me, heading for the Cardigan and Pipe look, well that's PUCCIs view too, so just discount his opinion too

Ooohh the banter.....
I like fashion and have a suit in tbe new uniform colour. 🕺🕺🕺
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Will the SCCM / ground based management wear a different tie?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.