Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by stewaran
Haven't followed this thread, but all feedback I have is negative.
with the main thing being that the clothes for the girls have been designed for anyone who identifies that way. Meaning that they are not suitable or flattering for people born as a female

Genuinely crew I spoke with were considering leaving over it
then they should leave
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: None
Re. Julien MacDonald Uniform - It Is NOT Dated

Originally Posted by xxxxx
Not sure where you're getting the idea that "most people" prefer the Julien MacDonald uniform from. The JM uniform was dated, frumpy and tired.
Oh come on. It was NOT dated and frumpy and tired.You are in a minority, thinking this. It was smart and elegant and made the crew really stand out - unlike the awful, drab, dull new one, which I presume you are a fan of.

Have you not read all the countless comments online by people who love the JM uniform and want it brought back?
RJD1983 and londonba2014 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jorntroop66
Oh come on. It was NOT dated and frumpy and tired.You are in a minority, thinking this. It was smart and elegant and made the crew really stand out - unlike the awful, drab, dull new one, which I presume you are a fan of.

Have you not read all the countless comments online by people who love the JM uniform and want it brought back?
I'll be honest: I wore the JM uniform (men's version) and I found it dated in its design. Those high-waist trousers reminded me of the type my grandad used to wear when he was a maquis, and the jacket wasn't exactly cutting edge too. I didn't like the clip-on tie either. This isn't to say that I endorse the new design, though. As always, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I think there are way better uniforms out there such as those worn by Air France or Qantas employees.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by 13901
I'll be honest: I wore the JM uniform (men's version) and I found it dated in its design. Those high-waist trousers reminded me of the type my grandad used to wear when he was a maquis, and the jacket wasn't exactly cutting edge too. I didn't like the clip-on tie either. This isn't to say that I endorse the new design, though. As always, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I think there are way better uniforms out there such as those worn by Air France or Qantas employees.
The JM men’s trousers were bad!!! Nothing fashionable about them. Some guys got them altered so they fit better.
13901 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
The JM men’s trousers were bad!!! Nothing fashionable about them. Some guys got them altered so they fit better.
I think that was necessary...
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:52 am

I also think the Air Asia ones are not too bad
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
I remember trying them for the first time in that shed on the corner of Viscount way. They kept on going up, and up, and up, and up and basically stopped way too close to my armpits. Went back to the assistant, said "are they meant to be double as gaiters, or have I gotten the wrong size?". Nope, it was the right size.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: QF WP
the Qantas uniform was/is not well received by staff at all and very much geared to one body type. The previous Peter Morrissey one was far more a) Australian and b) forgiving

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...rm-in-pictures
13901 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I remember trying them for the first time in that shed on the corner of Viscount way. They kept on going up, and up, and up, and up and basically stopped way too close to my armpits. Went back to the assistant, said "are they meant to be double as gaiters, or have I gotten the wrong size?". Nope, it was the right size.
The joy that was uniform store at Hatton Cross and the staff there!!! In the 6.5 years I wore it, I don’t think I ever really had a proper fitting pair of trousers!!!
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:20 am

According to José Antonio Barronuevo at this year's IAG Capital Markets Day - 21st November 2023. The uniforms have been well received by both staff and customers.

See - 1:38:33

https://player.vimeo.com/video/886923576
Old Nov 26, 2023, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
the Qantas uniform was/is not well received by staff at all and very much geared to one body type. The previous Peter Morrissey one was far more a) Australian and b) forgiving

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...rm-in-pictures
Purely from a (male) pax perspective, the uniform looks very well on one body type though!

[if one is nowadays still permitted to write that]
SpeedbirdLHR and Lynyrd like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: None
I take your point about the discomfort of the men's JM uniform, and to judge by your comments about the ill-fitting trousers, it sounded as if it definitely needed an upgrade there (nothing worse than a pair of ill-fitting pants!). The new men's uniform is fine, and as long as it is a better fit for you, then that's what matters, as you are the one who has to wear it, at the end of the day.

I think it is the new female uniform that has generated all the criticism and hate. I mean, it really does look like a HUGE disappointing downgrade compared to the much more stylish and professional-looking JM uniform. To be fair, perhaps even some of the ladies did have comfort issues with the JM, I don't know, but at the same time, it is an undeniable fact that a LOT of the female crew DID love the JM uniform, and were very sorry to see it go. I mean, you have got to admit - a nice, smart skirt suit on a female crew member looks MUCH nicer than a drab dress and dishcloth tie. I think so, anyway, and I know many other people do too. That dreadful dress has now earned the less-than-favourable title of "The Dinner Lady Dress", and that just says it all in terms of what the general public - and, indeed, even some of the female crew themselves - really think about this new design. To be honest, I was actually SHOCKED with disbelief when I saw that some of the females chose that dress over the much smarter skirt suit!

I don't want to argue too much about JM uniform now, as I think I have made my point, and I know everybody has different tastes. I loved it. I miss it. Many other people do, including a lot of the crew themselves. But what can you do?
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I absolutely agree with everything about the ladies uniform and I don’t think I know of anyone who likes the new one. I have tried on the men’s uniform and I think it looks smart but the problem items are the shirt, tie and apron.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Purely from a (male) pax perspective, the uniform looks very well on one body type though!

[if one is nowadays still permitted to write that]
phrase it as “it was designed for Miranda Kerr” and I think you might get away with it
Nick_USA and Duck1981 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
According to José Antonio Barronuevo at this year's IAG Capital Markets Day - 21st November 2023. The uniforms have been well received by both staff and customers.

See - 1:38:33

https://player.vimeo.com/video/886923576
Typical lip service from the IAG Leadership team.... To be fair they're not exactly going to slag it off having just squandered god knows how much on cobbling the collection together.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Nov 26, 2023 at 8:33 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.