Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Sep 2023 : BA launch new Ozwald Boateng uniforms

Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New video released for the roll-out. 38 seconds.

and the new safety video, 5 minutes (and some minor other changes from the first version):

crazy8534 and opus99 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Seeing the new uniform in the safety demonstration, it just looks dire - absolutely nothing that jumps out as BA and just comes across as so dated in a cabin environment. Could easily be a demonstration for AA. It seems a step down from the one in the old uniform, which had a good mix of crew from various backgrounds. This new one has a rather terrifying looking member of crew covering the "don't move your seat part" and shockingly not a single Asian member of staff featured as far as I could see - which I suspect represents a considerable percentage of the BA workforce (particularly on the ground staff front), hardly representing a diverse country..
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Interestingly, the white shirt and trouser combo I saw last night appears to have been missing a jacket. Neither lady wore a jacket at any part of the flight - it definitely would have reduced the pyjama vibe I was getting!

aks120
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
How is your creamy ring holding up Waterhouse? 😮
unblemished - when you donít abuse it it stays clean
Can I help you likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Itís interesting reading all the negative comments. I was not impressed when this uniform was revealed but having seen it in person and on multiple people, itís better than expected. Some options for ladies are better than others.

Just showed a picture of uniform that BA posted on LinkedIn to about 4 different people, none of whom have any particular interest in BA or airlines in general. Surprisingly, they all thought it looked nice but one did comment that the dress looked better than the options with the white shirt for the women. They liked the red on the dress and how it stands out.

Clearly there will be a mix of opinions as with anything.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
It’s interesting reading all the negative comments. I was not impressed when this uniform was revealed but having seen it in person and on multiple people, it’s better than expected. Some options for ladies are better than others.
I must say that I am the exact opposite. I was not impressed when I saw some photos, but my crew today had the new uniforms and frankly, I thought that it was even a bit worse than I feared (notably the scarves/accessories) and that the whole uniforms look dated and underwhelming before it's even started and strongly remind me of US airlines uniforms in the early 2000s. I find the cut of the dresses some crew members were wearing really unflattering on anyone not built like a model, the scarves and ties are simply not pretty or classy, and none of the options I have seen looked elegant when worn in real life. Considering that British fashion includes some houses with great flair, it's a disappointment to me at least. I also find that the aprons look weird - something you'd expect in a pseudo-rustic Scandinavian cafe chain or something, or again reminiscent of the less glamourous side of US airlines, which seem to have a taste for them (which I do not share).

I am very much hoping that the new uniforms are super comfortable for staff because I do think that's absolutely the most important thing, but aesthetics-wise, I'm decidedly in the "all that for that??!" camp...

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 4, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Crew have spoken up and it's not a good look for BA!

The above is mostly related to the poor quality of the uniform, as well as discussing the fact that staff can wear whatever aspect of the uniform they desire (dependent on how they identify)

M
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

The above is mostly related to the poor quality of the uniform, as well as discussing the fact that staff can wear whatever aspect of the uniform they desire (dependent on how they identify)

M
Ah, the DM!Ö itís all about ę satisfying BAís woke credentialsĽ I donít know that psychiatry can help a newspaper, but itís not to say it might not be needed!
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:58 am

what went wrong??
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

M
As ever the comments section is the most entertaining part of a DM article.

Angry Of Tunbridge Wells
crazy8534 and chris1922Mk2 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I couldn’t really care less about male crew members wearing dresses etc. Each to their own.

However, I would say that the uniforms in general look very poor quality, and rather cheap. They do remind me of something and yesterday I took my son for a Wendy’s and finally had the lightbulb moment……

jmd and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
As ever the comments section is the most entertaining part of a DM article.
Perhaps the best thing about the new uniform is the number of Daily Mail readers who "will never fly BA again".
Dan72, RJD1983, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
A mixed reaction from the crews I've interacted with so far: one pretty much consistently disliked it, and one loved it. A male IFL hated it - he said the apron was way too hot, unflattering and, as it was one size fits all and he was a rather tall gent, didn't work on him at all, while the female CC working with him was less bothered about the apron (being better than the previous solution), but hated the blouse. A female IFM and the male CC working with her were very enthusiastic and thought it was very practical, stylish and better than the publicity pictures had led them to them believe. The male CC did point out that, being shorter and very slender, the apron was way too big for him, but they both still really liked it.

Each crew did say they thought bits of the uniform were too tight: both gents mentioned the trousers and one the waistcoat, and one of the ladies mentioned that the tunic had absolutely no give whatsoever.

I'm not sure if the crews ages had anything to do with it, but the crew that generally disliked it was older, and the ones that were more enthusiastic were younger. In any case, it was really interesting to hear their comments and they were definitely not shy about sharing their thoughts! From my perspective, I think bits of it work better than others, but overall I don't hate it.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GfL
Having seen 4 styles on a flight from Marseille yesterday I think the men have come off best and it looks better than the JM designs for them. It seems quite the opposite for the female CC based on one flight where 3 opted for the dress and one for skirt/blouse. In particular I thought the fabric was creasing quite badly and I wonder how it will look on multi-day trips.
flygirl68, londonba2014 and becks1 like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Blue
After 5 years of development, this is the best that BA and OB could do? When I look at the uniforms, they look dated, they look like something American Airlines crew would wear. Heck, even easyJet's and Ryanair's uniform are smarter and fresher than BA's.
becks1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.